Canine Portrait

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My Golden Retriever Beau. Feel free to leave comments good or bad and notes of improvements I can make. I love my mutts so it'd be nice to be able to get a nice portrait done of both of them... though getting one to stand still is hard enough let alone both together ;)

dogs086.jpg

Hey!

I really like this shot but i think the background should be changed. As it looks like a fence or shed which im sure it is but doesnt fit in with the picture.

Yes its a shed :er: Mutts need a bath (been in the river!!) after they bathed and groomed I'll take them somewhere nice for a re-shoot and I will take care to pay attention to the background this time :) Thanks!!

It also needs some catchlights in the eyes. Eyes look 'dead' without catchlights in them.

Tally Ho, Gung Ho, Heidi Ho, Don Ho, or Da Ho. Pick one.

Thanks Tally Ho!! I was thinking his eyes were bad but couldn't put my finger on what it was I needed to do to fix it but now you've said that it makes sense. How can I guarantee lighting his eyes? What sort of set up? Thanks!!

I think your photo is wonderful. I can see his alertness in his ears and eyes.

Hes really beautiful!

Weezy

I'm not sure about the composition... I'd get rid of the top of the photo... till the first "black" line of the background.

Mentos, I see what you are saying. I moved my screen down and that does make a difference for the woofie!

Great advice!

Weezy

58ef49c0.jpg

Is that a better crop? I'm not really too worried about improving this image, but improving the next version is important of course :) so better background... field/greenery maybe? and eyelighting. I'll work on that for the next version. Mustn't try too much all at once I'm just a newbie to photography but hopefullyit'll be step in right direction. Can't wait to show y'all. Depending on weather (LOL) I will try for a re-shoot monday :D Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back