Cannon 85mm or Tamron 24-70???

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by dogk1cker, Dec 31, 2006.

1. dogk1cker

dogk1cker TPF Noob!

Sep 30, 2006
    I guess there is not much more to say about the 85mm but I wonder about the Tamron. The Tamron a few dollars more but I wonder if I can get the same quality as the 85mm. If you have used both, please post your experience. Thanx.
  2. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Sep 9, 2006
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The basic rule of thumb is a prime will always be sharper than a zoom. A prime only does one thing. Take pictures at what ever focal length it is designed to be. Zooms are designed to do several things as well as is possible within those limitations.
  3. Cuervo79

Cuervo79 Guest

the best question is what are you going to shoot, zooms are very helpfull in tight spaces and for digitals, primes have better quality but you have to move phisicaly.
    I bought the 85 1.8 and I love it although I mostly use the 50mm 1.4 because of the multiplying factor in my rebel.
    I got this gig on covering a small beauty show and both the 85 and the 50 shined, the light was enough for me not to use any flash and at F4 the images where very sharp (although you need to be carefull with depth of field)