Cannon EOS Rebel Flash

gene6502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have just purchased a cannon eos rebel camera and was told it would be good to have an external flash. i was also told that an aftermarket flash works just fine. any recomendations?

I post this few months ago in another thread.

I am not expert on flashes. But this is what I will look for if I go buy a flash now.

- Lower cost. (Important)
- Higher flash power (Guide number, Important)
- Manually adjustable flash power (Full power, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 ...., Important)
- Tilt and swivel flash head for bouncing the light. (Important)
- TTL compatible with my camera. (Less important)
- Lower trigger voltage. (Most of the newer flash has low trigger voltage, important)
- PC port (Less important).
- Fast recycle time (Important)
- Good build quality. (Less important)

Please note that the features that are important to me, may not be important to you. Go browse around sites like Adorama, Amazon or B&H and look at the flashes there. Read the features as well as reviews (if any) of the flashes and compare them.

i have just purchased a cannon eos rebel camera and was told it would be good to have an external flash. i was also told that an aftermarket flash works just fine. any recomendations?

3rd party flashes may work, but they're figuring out a system that's not native to their company and working to make their product work the best it can with that system rather than already owning a system and integrating a flash into it.

If you want a TTL flash that you can use on camera, I'd recommend sticking with Canon flashes. That's just my opinion though.

If you want an off camera flash, are not worried about TTL, and don't need the flash to communicate with the camera in any other way besides, "Hey flash, fire!", then cheap aftermarket flashes will work as long as you can manually adjust the power out put.

Thanks guys i'll let you know what i find out

Most reactions

New Topics

Back