Cano off-shoe flash cord

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by soylentgreen, Dec 9, 2007.

1. soylentgreen

soylentgreen TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Is it neccessary to get the Canon branded OC-E3 cord or can I just get a generic? Really do not feel like shelling out $75 for a wire I can probably rig with Radio Shack parts. Found a Dot-Line cord from B&H that supports EOS systems with E-TTL II also. Has anyone purchased this, and if so, does it work okay? Thanks for the input.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=513628&is=REG

Accidently posted this thread in the wrong forum. If a moderator will be so kind as to move it to the Equipment section, I would be most appreciative. :)

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a cable with 2 conductors and a connector (4 if you use TTL) but there is definitely no reason to go proprietary.

Just watch out when getting a TTL cable that you do get one for canon cameras. I am not sure if E-TTL specs are different for Nikon's i-TTL cable wise but better safe than sorry.

3. soylentgreen

soylentgreen TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Garbz. I figured they were just wires in a coiled housing to connect the two components. No transistors or chip relays that I could ascertain. Anyhoo...Generic it is. Screw you over-priced Canon cord!!! And I thought my HDMI cables were expensive. :mrgreen: