Canon 10D - Graining

snewham

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I seem to get quite bad graining in my photos when I use an ISO higher than 400 with my 10D. Particularly around 800/1200 ISO. Is this common or is there something wrong with my camera?

It happens on all of my lenses so it must be a problem with the camera itself?

Thanks for the help
scott :hail:

Yes normal - The 10D images are not as clean at higher ISO than the 20D and more up to date cameras. Noise at 800/1600 is pretty bad. To combat noise get the best exposure you can in-camera and use something like NoiseNinja to remove noise as part of your post processing.

Very normal. I see slight noise at 400 and above. 800 is very obvious. 1600....fuggedaboudit!

ok that's good. I've also got an old eos 300 and that's not as bad. Thinking of updating soon as my equipment is getting old now even though it cost me an arm and a leg when I bought it :p

Thinking of updating soon as my equipment is getting old now even though it cost me an arm and a leg when I bought it :p

That's the way of new technology! look at the pices of computers!!! My first was a 486DX 33MHz with a 100Mb hard disk, 4 Mb RAM, and a standard video card and an expensive 15" CRT. Cost me £1300 ($2600)!!!

Now you can buy something about 100x faster with 500Gb of space and 2Gb RAM, 19" TFT for a fraction of the price.... So it will happen with digital imaging too which is still in its relative infancy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back