Canon 1300D vs Nikon D3300

OP, please ignore all fanboy-ism on either side. Look at facts, and form your own opinion.

Couldn't agree more. Just because Nikon turned out to be a better fit for my needs does not mean that it will be your best choice, and likewise just because Canon might be a better fit for someone else doesn't mean that it was the best fit for what I shoot most often.

And that's really what it comes down to most, how are you planning on using the camera and what features are at the top of your priority list. Honestly the end results will depend a whole lot more on you and your skills than it will on which brand of camera you buy.

Me I went Nikon because some of the most important things for me at the time were shooting in lowlight situations with less noise and higher MP sensor so I could crop more.

That having been said, I have a friend who shoots a ton of sports and does some video so he went Canon, because he liked the faster shooting speed and better buffering capability, plus some of the better video features available on the camera body that was in his budget range.

There really isn't a "wrong" answer here. But as Ido and many others have pointed out, don't fall for fanboy hype from either side. Decide whats most important to you in a camera system. That really is the best way to determine what is going to suit your needs the best. And at the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

I also couldn't agree more, Canon has a better "IQ" image quality, larger lens selection, etc., Certainly most of the pros prefer Canon but really aren't all the current camera systems good ... even the mirrorless cameras ??
at least half-way decent

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Last edited:
I also couldn't agree more, Canon has a better "IQ" image quality, larger lens selection, etc., Certainly most of the pros prefer Canon but really aren't all the current camera systems good ... even the mirrorless cameras ??
at least half-way decent

Please, by all means, name one Canon aps-c camera that has higher dynamic range, more resolution, or better high iso to low noise numbers than the nikon equivalent in its price range.

Again, your assertion just isn't true. Doesn't mean that Canon doesn't make a fine camera or that there aren't perfectly valid reasons why folks would choose Canon. But please stop posting misinformation.

If you really want to sell people on Canon, educate yourself on its real advantages and start there. Otherwise your just doing folks a disservice.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ido
at least half-way decent

Please, by all means, name one Canon aps-c camera that has higher dynamic range, more resolution, or better high iso to low noise numbers than the nikon equivalent in its price range.

Again, your assertion just isn't true. Doesn't mean that Canon doesn't make a fine camera or that there aren't perfectly valid reasons why folks would choose Canon. But please stop posting misinformation.

If you really want to sell people on Canon, educate yourself on its real advantages and start there. Otherwise your just doing folks a disservice.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
Don't bother with this guy, he knows he is talking nonsense, not basing his feedback on facts but on his heart wishes.
Not worth the effort, tried it in past but I always get same old replies like pro's use only Canon or Canon has better IQ then Nikon, it really gets kind of boring and silly after a while, just let it go.
With this person I feel like I am talking to a 5 years old LOL

I found going with the Canon T6I I am more happy then when I used my brother Nikon 3300 I got the kit with both 18-55 &55-250
Canon
THIS REVIEW COVERS

Intended Use «

» Weight and Dimensions «

» Handling and Build Quality «

PAGE 2
» Image Quality «

PAGE 3
» Sample Pictures «

» Conclusion «

» Further Information «

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Note: this lens has a predecessor - the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is a very popular lens. Both as a separate buy and in the twin kit edition together with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II that Canon ship with some of their cameras. It does make a lot of sense to combine the two because together they give you an effective focal range of 29 mm to400 mm which covers just about everything except for the ultra wide angle.

[paste:font size="5"]Intended Use
Wildlife & Sports
At 400 mm effective focal length the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is ideal for even smaller wildlife (like birds). And if you'd like to add a little context to the image just zoom out to a minimum of 88 mm. But wildlife and sports photography also require low f-stops to achieve fast shutter speeds. The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II offers f/4 at the wide end but only f/5.6 at the tele end which is a little slow. At least the excellent image stabilizer helps with slower shutter speeds but of course that can't prevent blur from subject movement.

Portrait
At the wide end the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II has just the right focal length for nice portrait shots. Again the aperture rating is not excellent but certainly sufficient for this purpose and the large zoom range will even allow closeups from far away.

Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am about to buy my 1st DSLR. Long time ago, I had a film SLR, the Canon 3000N.
As a beginner, I am down to 2 models: the Canon 1300D & Nikon D3300.
Which do you think is better?
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, I bought my first camera in July, and it was a nikon d3300.
It fit all my needs as a beginner, you can check out some photos I shot with it at my tumblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mwbrphotography
I hope it can be helpful, bye

I found going with the Canon T6I I am more happy then when I used my brother Nikon 3300 I got the kit with both 18-55 &55-250
Canon
THIS REVIEW COVERS

Intended Use «

PAGE 2
» Image Quality «

PAGE 3
» Sample Pictures «

» Conclusion «

» Further Information «

TABLE OF CONTENTS

The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is a very popular lens. Both as a separate buy and in the twin kit edition together with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II that Canon ship with some of their cameras. It does make a lot of sense to combine the two because together they give you an effective focal range of 29 mm to400 mm which covers just about everything except for the ultra wide angle.

Wildlife & Sports
At 400 mm effective focal length the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is ideal for even smaller wildlife (like birds). And if you'd like to add a little context to the image just zoom out to a minimum of 88 mm. But wildlife and sports photography also require low f-stops to achieve fast shutter speeds. The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II offers f/4 at the wide end but only f/5.6 at the tele end which is a little slow. At least the excellent image stabilizer helps with slower shutter speeds but of course that can't prevent blur from subject movement.

Portrait
At the wide end the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II has just the right focal length for nice portrait shots. Again the aperture rating is not excellent but certainly sufficient for this purpose and the large zoom range will even allow closeups from far away.

no doubt the older 55-250 is good
the newer 55-250 STM is slightly better

Canon
THIS REVIEW COVERS

Intended Use «

PAGE 2
» Image Quality «

PAGE 3
» Sample Pictures «

» Conclusion «

» Further Information «

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Wildlife & Sports

Portrait

no doubt the older 55-250 is good
the newer 55-250 STM is slightly better
Yes it is cool i see a little difference as I do have this in the old lens on my Xt and the new on my 750D I now have tryed them back and forth I am going to say even with me relearning this stuff the big thing is my new one being STM and Macro but i dont know much

Most reactions

Back