canon 15mm fisheye

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

So I was looking to get the Canon 15mm fisheye lens for my canon rebel xs/1000d. I heard the lens needs a full frame like the 5D or above....will this lens work with my rebel xs/1000D? if so will i get the full effect or what?

thanks for ur help!!!:thumbup:

I think that lens is made for full frames. U will get the affect but i think it will cut off the image so what you see in the viewfinder wont come out on the actual image. Anyone, step in and correct me if im wrong here. I think the tokina fisheyes have great reviews and are made for crop sensors. again if im wrong let me know ok

You camera works on any EF lens on the market. Since the 15mm fisheye lens from Canon is a EF lens, it will work with your camera.

The draw back when using the lens with a cropped body, you are not able to take advantage the full potential of the lens since the field of view is reduced.

Here is the review of the lens with a Canon rebel camera.
Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye - Review / Test Report

You camera works on any EF lens on the market. Since the 15mm fisheye lens from Canon is a EF lens, it will work with your camera.

The draw back when using the lens with a cropped body, you are not able to take advantage the full potential of the lens since the field of view is reduced.

ok. so instead of a 180 degree view I get like 140 degrees? Does anyone have a sample photo taken with a 1000D w/ canon 15mm fish.

thanks!

ok. so instead of a 180 degree view I get like 140 degrees? Does anyone have a sample photo taken with a 1000D w/ canon 15mm fish.

thanks!

Go To Flickr And Look For A Canon 15mm FishEye Group. That Will Be Lots Quicker Than Waiting For Someone To see This Thread, That Also Happens To Have A 1000D AND a 15mm FishEye.

In Fact, You Don't Need An Image Made With A 1000D, You Just Need A Photo Made By Any Canon Camera That Has A APS-C Size Image Sensor Behind A Canon 15mm FishEye Lens.

"Photography Is A Lot Easier If You Understand How A Camera Works." - Anon

thanks!

The review from the above link contains samples (taken with a rebel xt camera).

I have a broken 5D MKII and a 30D. The 15mm is a great lens, but you're not going to get as much distortion as with using an full frame camera. It'll almost be like you're using a really wide lens with barrel distortion.

so is the 15mm fish even worth buying for my 1000D? i really want the fisheye effect...maybe i shud get a 50D

still can't find any pics with the 15mm fisheye canon w/ 1000D....also wat lens cud I use with my 1000D that'll get a FULL fish eye effect like the canon 15mm fish wud with a full fram dslr...

Last edited:
still can't find any pics with the 15mm fisheye canon w/ 1000D....

Flickr: Canon 15mm Fisheye

Look at the EXIF. Any photo that was taken with a camera besides a 5D, 5D MKII, or 1D (any series), then the lens will look that exact same way on your camera.

Your camera has an APS-C sensor. It's the same exact size and will have the exact same view as a 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 7D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, etc...

Did you look at the review site I mentioned above? They have samples that shot with XT. The resolutions maybe different, but the field of view is the same.

Most reactions

Back