Canon 1d mk IV

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about getting a new camera body, the Canon 1d mk IV. Has anyone had a chance to use this camera? Will the price drop anytime soon?

I'm needing it because I need 2 cameras. Football and soccer season starts soon on my campus and I want to have two cameras. For soccer I want a camera behind the goalie.

And YES the search button is NOT working for me.

the 1D4 is as good as it gets. What more do you need to know?

it's not going to get any cheaper until the Mk5 comes out and that wont be for atleast a couple years.

You can get a Mk3 for a good price used.

The 1d Mk Iv is the current model. Unless you are talking about used, you'll have to wait till canon releases the next model. People usually ask when X will drop in price often. Rarely are there any good answers... simply because no one knows when X's prices will drop. Its kinda like stocks.... do you know when stock X will rise or fall?.. if it was easy, we'd all be rich.

Have you considered a 1d Mk III? (of course, one that has had its AF "fixed").

I shoot a 1D4, what do you want to know about it?

As for a price drop - not anytime soon.

I shoot a 1D4, what do you want to know about it?

As for a price drop - not anytime soon.

How does it handle high ISO? Is there a lot of noise? Whats the highest ISO that I can shoot at without noise?

Also, how does it handle the 10FPS burst?

Last edited:
also, why does the mk 4 only go up to 28 images while the mk3 goes to 30images. Both shoot at 10fps. Does to make sure, that means the shutter can only be held down for 2.8 seconds.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Probably because they were talking about RAW files, and with a 60% increase in MP count, I'm surprised the drop is ONLY two. Though, I would imagine that most people shooting huge amounts of burst shots will be shooting JPG, where you can capture 121 shots before slowing down. That's over twelve seconds of burst.

the link above said:
EOS-1D Mark IV Oct 2009 16.0 mp 1.3x crop 10.0 fps, 121 images [JPG]

Most reactions

Back