Canon 20D

I haven't heard about any corners being cut. It's a 10D with a bigger buffer and faster continous shooting speed. Any problems I've heard of with the 20D were the same ones they had with the 10D.

Isnt the 10D only like 6.3mp as well? (Im not positive, I dont have experience with a 10D)

I will say I love my 20D though.

I own both and I actually prefer the 10D. The shutter on the 20D is much lounder and while it is an 8mp I don't notice enough of a difference in quality for my portrait work to justify the price difference. The reviews I read said that if you own the 10D it's not worth upgrading to. Canon seems to come out with a new camera yearly, just like they did with their G series point and shoot digital. I needed a second camera for the business and my partner pushed for the 20D which is why we got it.

Allison, thank you. This is very helpful. I have the 10D and need a back-up. I "heard" the 20D does not have a metal body.

So, now that you've gone with the 20D, what would you reccomend I do?

Thanks, again!

-Pete Chrisitie

My 20D has a metal body (and boy does it get cold in the winter), but it does seem as though the pop-up flash is made of plastic.

Christie Photo said:
Allison, thank you. This is very helpful. I have the 10D and need a back-up. I "heard" the 20D does not have a metal body.

So, now that you've gone with the 20D, what would you reccomend I do?

Thanks, again!

-Pete Chrisitie
If it was me I'd get another 10D and with the money I saved get some more lenses or other equipment. Most retail stores don't carry the 10D anymore, but I think Amazon and some of the other large on-line stores are still selling them new, or if you're willing to go used there are some great deals out there because a lot of people recently bought a 10D then upgraded to the 20D. Good luck with your decision!

The 20D's body is identical to the 10D.

How much equipment or lenses can you save if you buy a new 10D? It's only a few hundred cheaper. A used one, maybe.

Digital Matt said:
How much equipment or lenses can you save if you buy a new 10D?

Depends on what kind of photography you do. Since I know Pete's in the portrait industry (like me) you can get a lot of props, new backgrounds, pay for wedding fair space, etc with the extra cash. Probably doesn't hold true if you shoot mostly landscapes or other things that don't require studio setups.

Most reactions

Back