Canon 24-70mm F2.8 L II USM arived

You must live in Japan. I heard they got them early. Over here the date is Sep. 13 at the earliest. :(

Still, doesn't seem it's worth the cash for worse build quality than 70-200 II and no IS. Maybe if it was $1899..

Last edited:
Nice, very jealous. How far does it extend when you zoom to 70mm?

You must live in Japan. I heard they got them early. Over here the date is Sep. 13 at the earliest. :(

Still, doesn't seem it's worth the cash for worse build quality than 70-200 II and no IS. Maybe if it was $1899..

Nah I am in Australia got mine as a special "privilege" member

Alrighty, finally got the new 5DIII, due to recent horrid weather in Melbourne, I was unable to take decent sunny photos to test this lens.

But now, I finally obtained all three Canon bodies, I will mount the new 24-70II on 1DX, 5DIII and 5DII tomorrow to see which come out best.

cant wait

IMG_4687.jpg

Last edited:
ok finally the sun is up,

flare control is extremely well....sharp and clear happy with the lens performance so far

5DIII + 24-70II
tonytony-1.jpg

Tomorrow 1DX + 24-70II

tx8koibito said:

flare control is extremely well....sharp and clear happy with the lens performance so far

5DIII + 24-70II

Tomorrow 1DX + 24-70II

Yupp, there is that beautiful 200mm f/2. Im not really a fan of the 24-70 though. Its just another lens to carry when i could just use my 50mm to bridge the gap between my 17-35mm and 70-210mm. But i see you dont have a wide angle lens so it makes since for you!

tx8koibito said:

5DIII + 24-70II

Tomorrow 1DX + 24-70II

Yupp, there is that beautiful 200mm f/2. Im not really a fan of the 24-70 though. Its just another lens to carry when i could just use my 50mm to bridge the gap between my 17-35mm and 70-210mm. But i see you dont have a wide angle lens so it makes since for you!

It's useful for those of us who want wide, standard, and short telephoto focal lengths all in one lens.

Sent from my Nexus 7

tx8koibito said:

5DIII + 24-70II

Tomorrow 1DX + 24-70II

Or I can just carry a 24-70 to bridge the gap between the future 14-24 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 ;)

i am so jealous of your camera/lenses. THING TAKES GREAT PICS TOO!!!!!

Decided to sell my 24-70II :(

TheBiles said:
First review is finally up! While the new lens sure is sexy, I'm not seeing $1000 worth of sexiness. I'll stick with my brick for the time being.

That's for posting the first review. I am hoping to see more soon. That way I can decide if it's worth the extra money or if I should just invest in the original. Really looking forward to here people opinions hat actually used both

Most reactions

Back