Canon 350D aka 'Rebel XT' Discountinued at B&H!

I suspect with the 400D and 450D in the market (as well as the 1000D thingy) that Canon stoped production on the camera bodies - I don't know about accessories, but I suspect that they will continue production of them for some time - and things like batteries will probably be kept on the longest (with 3rd party companies also filling in the market once canon stop)

there is also the chance that Bh are just streamlining their product listings and the 350D will remain available in other stores - but I still think its lack of supply (ie canon phasing out the production of the 350D)

well canon may stop making stuff for the Xt but all of the shops will sell XT stuff till there stock is gone
but they should have disconuned the XT awhile ago

the accessories for the Xt are probably not much different then the other Rebels.

You should have felt low tech when the 450D first came out. ;) And the 350D should have been discontinued before then in my opinion. It seems strange to have 3 versions of the same line of product in the channel at the same time.

You should have felt low tech when the 450D first came out. ;) And the 350D should have been discontinued before then in my opinion. It seems strange to have 3 versions of the same line of product in the channel at the same time.

Agreed. I actually thought that it had been discontinued and places just had lots of stock left-over. So the idea that NOW it's been discontinued is kinda like, "Oh, you mean they've stopped making it twice, now?"

there is also the chance that Bh are just streamlining their product listings and the 350D will remain available in other stores...

This is not the case. We will carry the entire Canon line as long as Canon USA makes the products available.

Most reactions

Back