Canon 35mm EOS and FD

rc51kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In the interest of the Christmas spirit and the fact that I want my new Nikon stuff. I am going to offer my manual focus Canon stuff as a CHEAP package deal. I think this would be amazing for anyone looking to try there hand at photography or give it to someone else to try. Collage students or anyone that just wants to give it a try. Every one knows that you should always start out with the manual focus and manual exposure stuff. So here it is.

I had the Canon AE-1 body professionally serviced and then put it up when I got my EOS1. Today I noticed a little spot of rust on the edge of the film door. This is probably from sitting in the case and not getting used (part of why it needs a home). I promise that this wont effect any thing and if it does, just send it back to me in the condition I sent it to you for you money back. I do this with almost everything I sell because I have been ripped off before and I just wont do it to others. Life is to short to jerk people around.

The Canon 50mm f 1.8 is the regular old 50mm that ever novice should cut their teeth on and pros still swear by. Looks good and works great.

Next I have a Canon 35-105mm fixed f3.5 with macro. This wonderful zoom lens has an issue with it. It seams like the “barrels” it is constructed of became miss aligned with each other once. A little pressure on the front of the lens fixed this and I continued to use it for an entire trip in Scotland with stunning results. Optically this is really one of the most amazing lenses is have ever used. Anyone familiar with the Canon FD stuff will agree to this. Many say that it should have earned the “L” badge. Yes it has a problem, but it is a really smoking lens!

Next I have a Canon 500mm mirror lens. No other way to describe this thing as anything but cool. I actually bought this thing years ago from a guy and then bought the AE-1 just to use this lens. On a side note, if you know about mirror lenses, light sources in the background that are out of focused take the shape of a “doughnut” or “ring” rather than just a soft dot. Just kind of neat. This is do to the arrangement and type of elements in the lens.

I also have a set of Vivitar extension rings that are used for macro photography. I don’t normally buy Vivitar stuff but these don’t have any glass elements in them and are really just a spacer that fits between the camera and the lens. They work fantastically for really close work.

Right now there is no demand on the market for this stuff so I just about assume I might as well keep it. But if some one knows some collage kid or aspiring artist looking to get into photography or something of the sort then I think this has so much to offer. I really almost feel like keeping it all, it is just that I start to feel bad when I have all this stuff that I never use. Photography is kind of like the shooting thing, I like to see new people get started in it and enjoy it. I figure $250 for everything is more than a good price. I am a little flexible on the price especially if it is going to a good home. But truthfully, for that kind of price I really should just keep it, so I cant really budge too much.

IMG_1313.jpg

Email me at
[email protected]

Dana

FD 500mm f/8 $225 Down to $205 down again to $190 down again to $175
FD 35-105mm f/3.5 $90 Down to $75(an amazing lens but has a problem)
50mm 1.8 $25 down to $20
AE-1 $90 Down to $75
Extension tubes $45 down to $35 Down again to $25

not to nitpick, and I am always on the look out for good used canon glass, but you are asking WAY more than what the market is willing to pay, especially with less than perfect lenses.

Wally,

I am really not used to buying/selling in the used photo market. No offense taken or anything. I need the feed back so I appreciate you honesty. I will be trying to adjust some of the prices soon but also hope that people will make me a offer if they want something. I cant give the stuff away but I also know that it is only worth whatever the current market value is regardless of what I paid a few years ago when it was desirable.

TheCanonMan,

Sound good to me. I have paypal but I have never received a payment with it. If you can tell me how I do this I will be happy to do it. I could also email my address and we could do it the snail mail way.

email your paypal email address and I'll send the payment then after you log in your account it will tell you you have 15.00 from so and so and it will give you my address for shipping

One more thing I know the moter drives get stuck as thay age can you hook it to the camera and do a cople of test shots just as long as it winds with ez thats fine

Most reactions

New Topics

Back