canon 380ex flash

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im looking for this flash online..do they still make these...i have heard some good reviews from it...i was looking to order it but cant seem to find it anywhere..is it discontinued or what?..or if not anyone recommend a basic flash for a 1st time buyer

Get the 430EX.

You might even be able to get a deal on it because they just announced the 430EX II.

Get the 430EX.

You might even be able to get a deal on it because they just announced the 430EX II.
i was looking at the 430 also..kind of expensive..is their a big difference between the two

I'm not sure they make the 380 anymore :scratch:

Anyway, if they do, I have a feeling that it's a step or two behind the 430 in terms of technology. The 430 can use E-TTL II flash metering...I'm not sure if that's a camera or flash function but the 380 might be the older E-TTL I system.
The 430 is more powerful and probably recycles faster.

Does the 380 have an LCD screen on the back? I couldn't find a photo or a spec sheet that confirmed this. The 430 does have a screen where you can set custom functions, get distance information and other info.

The 430 can be part of Canon's wireless flash system as a 'slave' flash. So if you someday get a master unit (580EX or STE2) you could used those to remotely control the 430.

I'm not sure they make the 380 anymore :scratch:

Anyway, if they do, I have a feeling that it's a step or two behind the 430 in terms of technology. The 430 can use E-TTL II flash metering...I'm not sure if that's a camera or flash function but the 380 might be the older E-TTL I system.
The 430 is more powerful and probably recycles faster.

Does the 380 have an LCD screen on the back? I couldn't find a photo or a spec sheet that confirmed this. The 430 does have a screen where you can set custom functions, get distance information and other info.

The 430 can be part of Canon's wireless flash system as a 'slave' flash. So if you someday get a master unit (580EX or STE2) you could used those to remotely control the 430.

cant really tell

4be9_1.JPG

4c27_1.JPG

4c84_1.JPG

No, it doesn't have a screen.

That's not an essential feature but it sure is nice.

Of course they just announced the 430EX II -- That's because I just got my 430 EX last week ! I bought my 30D and 4 months later they came out with the 40D. I think that every time I think of buying a new piece of equipment, I will automatically wait 4 months ... or I can post a note saying that I bought a new piece of gear and you all can wait 4 months to see the new release ...

Most reactions

Back