Canon 400mm f/2.8 $7000+ "not out of reach!!"

OK, a lot of us guys like our electronic and motorized toys, but that isn't to say that many of us don't cherish and enjoy the hobbies for which they're used. And, yes, we like being able to play with our toys, but that's just an added perk for most of us.

Whether they'll admit it or not, women have their "toys" as well. Women like to buy stuff for their home; they can blow a crapload of cash on a new livingroom window and justify it under the veil of practicality and necessity, even though they bought the one that cost twice as much as the model that meets the minimum requirements. They love that they can do that and they enjoy it just as much as we enjoy our cameras, motorcycles and hunting gear.

I still don't get shoes though - I mean its not just that they collect them (I'm fine with collections) but they keep them in storage the whole time ;) At least most males will collect and then put thought (and either wallet or hammer) toward a display case and such.

I have a used canon 400 2.8 that I will sell for half the cost. I just got refurbished!

I still don't get shoes though - I mean its not just that they collect them (I'm fine with collections) but they keep them in storage the whole time ;) At least most males will collect and then put thought (and either wallet or hammer) toward a display case and such.

Oh, you don't have a shoe display case in your family room?

Nope - thankfully shoes appear to be just under control in our house - just! That said they are unfairly distributed! I only have a pair of smartshoes (somewhere), walking boots and wellies! Some of the girls have, like, 3 whole pairs of working trainers!!

I always thought I'd never get a relatively expensive lens like that, but my wife, over the weekend, said while we were discussing hobbies and interests, mentioned that I could get a Harley if I wanted... Woah - got me thinking..... How about other guys' hobbies....

Camping - $15 - 20K for a camp trailer - 5th wheel
Dirt Bikes - $6-7k for a good one
Motorcycling - Harley is about $20k
Hunting - don't even ask...

Now, thinking like that, makes the purchase of a lens like this a lot more realistic.... It may be expensive, but it still puts me way on the low end of "Guy Toys".... :thumbup:

For right now, I' m still saving up for a UV filter... A really good one !!

I have been saying the same thing for the last year now, ever since I bought my own 400 f2.8. I ate lots of peanut butter while saving but it has been worth it. :D

Most reactions

Back