i play drums for a guy named Ronnie Dennis + church + school

i have 2 drum kits:
1 for home
1 for traveling
each about $1250 each
+ cost of drumsticks every now and then
+ of additional add-ons

btw, i'm 1,000,000,000 times better drummer than a photographer

Heh. I was talking to my mother the other day about birds. She says "you need bigger lenses."

I said I know, and then proceeded to explain how much fast long lenses cost. She was shocked when I told her the Nikkor 600 f/4 AF-S VRII was $11k.

Heh. I was talking to my mother the other day about birds. She says "you need bigger lenses."

I said I know, and then proceeded to explain how much fast long lenses cost. She was shocked when I told her the Nikkor 600 f/4 AF-S VRII was $11k.

You've got further with your's than I have with mine - she still dosn't quite get why the "big white lens" isn't long enough. I've even tried showing her the view through binoculars and the lens and she still doesn't quite get why I NEEED the longer more expensive stuff:confused:

Good reason to switch to Canon. The 600/4 is only about $8K and, for only about $12K, you can get the 800/5.6 :lol:

Good reason to switch to Canon. The 600/4 is only about $8K and, for only about $12K, you can get the 800/5.6 :lol:

Maybe, but a little bird told me that Nikon lenses since 1959 will mount to my camera, where as canons go all the way back to 1987. ;)

Anyway, who the hell wants a white lens?

my dad and i also share a hobby (other than photography), shooting guns. we live in the south where the gun laws are pretty much the opposite of strict (couldn't think of a better phrase =/ ). we have:

Sig Sauer Mosquito - .22 LR
Glock 17L - 9mm
Taurus Judge - .45 long colt & .410 ga shells
Smith & Wesson .45 ACP
Mossberg .270 rifle

let's see...those guns were several hundred dollars by themself
then ammo...tons and tons of ammo
.22 lr - box of 100 rounds is very cheap - $8
9mm - box of 100 hollow point rounds is $45/box of 100 regular rounds is about half that
.410 ga shells - $7 for 5 shells
.45 long colt - about $28 for 20 rounds
.45 ACP - about $25 for 20/about twice as much for hollow points
and .270 ammo is about $1.50 a piece

Most reactions

New Topics

Back