canon 40D or 50D ?

R

rlstevens

I have a Canon 30D ready to up grade to 40 D or 50D ??

The 50D is newer and the more advanced of the two...the 40D is still a good step up from the 30D and might be found for a deal because it's already been superseded in the line up by the 50D.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, depending on what you shoot, neither of those options is really an "up-grade", it's just a different set of options.

All three are essentially the same mag body. the 40d has a 10mp sensor, but that sensor was used in the Rebel before it ever came over to the "up-graded" xxd models. The 50d has 15mp.............

...........besides that (and some minor stuff) what really is the "up-grade"

They are all crop cameras that take the same lenses and very comparable images.... So, wait a few months and get the latest 60d that will probably be introduced...........:sexywink:

So, wait a few months and get the latest 60d that will probably be introduced...........:sexywink:

But that won't really be an "upgrade" either - just a replacement...

hehe, yeah that is kind of a little contradiction...

No, no...:lol:

It's a tongue-in-cheek statement about Canon releasing a new xxD model every 6 months or so...

If somebody buys a new 40d or 50d because they feel they are "up-grading", will they be obsolete again when the latest body number is released....:er:

I'm wanting to pick up a used 5D given the number of people selling them off for great prices to pick up the 5DMk2. My question is, did they ever resolve the AF problems with the 5D? Just how bad is the LCD on the 5D? I hear it's pretty bad.

What AF problem on the 5D?

The LCD is identical to the LCDs on most cameras of that generation-- just fine, but not as nice as the newer ones.

I asked this questions a few months ago. I went for the 50D and love it. If you would like some more detail PM me.

Yeah, on the Canon forums they talk about the outer AF points never hitting focus, but the center focus point is spot on. Many said they just always used the center AF point and ignored the outer points.

I almost pulled the trigger on a 5D a moment ago... then closed the page. :)

If you can afford the extra $ for the 50D, I say, "Why not?"

I bought my new 40D just three weeks before the 50D came out.:grumpy:
Two reason I would rather have had the 50D are: 1) with the high resolution LCD you can actually tell if the shot was in sharp focus.
2) You calibrate it yourself with each of your lenses and when you put the lens back on it will remember it. After one week I had to send my 40D back to Canon for a back focus issue. They took care of it like they always do . . . but what a pain in the a$$

Most reactions

New Topics

Back