Canon 50D

pazzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
When do you think there will be reviews for the 50D ?

how long should it take the likes of dppreview.com etc ..
to publish reviews ?

Thanks

I just read a small review on Dppreview. Im pretty excited for what it will cause the 40D's price to do, DROOOOOOPPPPP.

Here's a review:

Looks like a 40D, works like a 40D, higher res screen, 15MP, a little better noise performance.

Other then that, the 40 and 50D are exactly the same camera.

So i should get a 40D then ??

Wait to see how the price both of them. Thats what im going to wait for. if the 50D isnt substantially more expensive and seems worth it, then thats the way im going to go.

the best thing about the 50 is the 40d will drop...

hopefully the 20D and 30D will drop, thats whats in my price range.:madass:

Here's a review:

Looks like a 40D, works like a 40D, higher res screen, 15MP, a little better noise performance.

They actually say that the two big characteristics - noise and focus speed - are supposed to be noticeable improvements over the 40D, which was no sluggard itself.
I think the 50D is a great looking camera, and seeing as the price difference between it and the 40D won't be that great, i'll probably get the 50 when my 20 dies.

How much $$ will the 20D and 30D drop?
The 30D is sold at Cameta Camera for around $520 how much is the 20D and how much will that drop?

Hi
When do you think there will be reviews for the 50D ?

how long should it take the likes of dppreview.com etc ..
to publish reviews ?

Thanks

I don't recall any reviewer doing a comprehensive review much quicker than that (dpreview, BTW, have not posted a full review to the Nikon D700 to date).

The resone I'm giving out all this information so gladly, is that just recently I've started a website that aims to concentrate all digital camera reviews (links to the reviews) in a searchable database format. So I'm regularly monitoring dpreview.com, imaging-resource, Steve's Digicams and a few others...

The website address is http://www.dprguru.com

Of course I'll be glad if you visit my site, you may a) watch the D700 review history, and perhaps project on when you can expect a decent review on the 50D, b) see what reviews the 50D already has (not many), or c) search for any other reviews..

Cheers!

The price difference actually seems to be a lot between 40 and 50D judging from B&H / and Amazons pre order price..
.. in USD it's about €1,400 (Body only)

The 40D $969 (body only) ..

maybe when the 50D is actually released the price will drop a bit...

Last edited:
I think the price of the 40D will probably stay where it is. It dropped substantially already this year, and I think that can be viewed as preparation for the 50D to take it's place at the original $1500-ish pricepoint.

I have the XTi, by the time I have enough money to buy another body (after my lenses) I will probably have the 60D or 70D lolo

Here's a review:

However if you look at the dpreview test shots at full size it appears that to get the better noise performance you have to sacrifice some sharpness in the photos - they appear a little soft. This can be countered by both top end optics (lenses - L) and also with good camera skills.
However I would wait for a wider view of sharpness from testers and photographers - give the camera a month or two before rushing off to get (price will most likley lower and any possible problems spotted and noted)

However if you look at the dpreview test shots at full size it appears that to get the better noise performance you have to sacrifice some sharpness in the photos - they appear a little soft. This can be countered by both top end optics (lenses - L) and also with good camera skills.
However I would wait for a wider view of sharpness from testers and photographers - give the camera a month or two before rushing off to get (price will most likley lower and any possible problems spotted and noted)

Looks like Canon are gonna heavily lose out to the D90 ...

they shouldn't have made it 15MP

Most reactions

Back