Canon 50mm F1.2L

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a quick play with the new Canon EF 50mm F1.2L today.

All taken on a 5D at ISO 1600 (it was very dark this morning)
Was going to re-shoot this afternoon at 100 ISO but someone decided to buy it, so I'll post some more shots when we get another lens in.

All shots converted from RAW in rawshooter no other editting, straight out of camera

F1.2 (but for some reason the EXIF says F2.8) think we our demo 5D needs to go back to Canon
f1-1.jpg

100%crop of above
f1.jpg

Closed down F16
f16full.jpg

100% crop of above
f16crop.jpg

I would love to have that lens.

wow, you could shoot at night street portraiture at like 1.6 , get a decent shutter speed and still be sharp and nice.

does it get hard to focus @ 1.2?

Ive never shot with anything that large of aperature

THORHAMMER said:
wow, you could shoot at night street portraiture at like 1.6 , get a decent shutter speed and still be sharp and nice.

does it get hard to focus @ 1.2?

Ive never shot with anything that large of aperature

all EF lenses focus wide open, they shut down to whatever aperture is set when the shutter is pressed, so the focusing is the same at F1.2 or F16

i guess I didnt realize that, well youd have to use dof preview to see what your REALLY getting then right ?

myopia said:
ofEfha[foiehf[iefheoifogjapoefgjafg

thats the sound of one being dropped

I had a Nikkor 50 f1.2 back in the film days. My impression of it is similar to what you see here. At f1.2 is was soft like this lens but it sharpened up immediately with one click to f1.4. For me it was simply an f1.4 lens with better performance than the f1.4 maximum aperture lens.

At one time, Canon made an 50mm f1. That was something else!

fmw said:
I had a Nikkor 50 f1.2 back in the film days. My impression of it is similar to what you see here. At f1.2 is was soft like this lens but it sharpened up immediately with one click to f1.4. For me it was simply an f1.4 lens with better performance than the f1.4 maximum aperture lens.

At one time, Canon made an 50mm f1. That was something else!

and before that a 50mm F0.95

Most reactions

New Topics

Back