Canon 5D Mark II Stolen During Wedding

I could say something about your lack of style, the generic look of your photos, and how they look good for straight out of the camera JPGs, but I won't.

Anways, you're being a little defensive when some one says something about something of yours being inferior? Maybe next time you'll be nicer and some one won't have to hurt your feelings again.

That's exactly what they are, batch resize, adobe gallery. Feelings intact, it takes more than a goon taking snaps of some bird in a shopping cart to hurt my feelings, bet that was your best seller, a big zero. H

And you're going to keep going on about it? I'm taking those shots for my friends for fun, and even then I make sure they have good quality photos when they want to share them with their friends.

But I guess I couldn't expect anything less from some one that's going to go around randomly bashing some one's equipment.

I mean, this poor guy starts a thread about his $2500 camera being stolen, probably with a lens that cost at least $750 connected to it, and you call his equipment inferior? What are you shooting with? I'd be ashamed to say a Nikon D3s, Canon 1Ds MKIII, Hassleblad, or any other camera that cost $7000+. After all, I can't say I have a lot of respect for some one's photographic ability when they're using a $7000 camera to shoot SOC jpg photos to advertise their work...or a lot of respect for the ill informed customers of that person.

Ed: This actually reminds me of a situation about a month or so ago where a friend of mine was shooting with a Canon t2i and using my 24-70. The guy next to him at least had a Nikon D3 and they were photographing some band playing behind one of the local bars on a Sunday afternoon. Some one randomly ask the friend with the t2i is he's doing it professionally, or what. The person asking was a local that kind of knew him. The guy next to him with the Nikon D3 looks over and says that you can't be professional unless you have a rig like "this" and holds up his camera and lens.

Kind of reminds me of that guy ^^.

People like that should do the world a favor and stay hidden in their basements, because their wonderful attitudes are doing nothing for the future of photography.

Nah, you're not a pro unless you shoot film with a Leicaflex with a 560mm Telyt-R and can hand-hold at at 1/30.

2741999260_890794580b.jpg

LMFAO that's a beast! I can imagine putting the camera on a 2 second timer, propping it over my shoulder and taking a shot haha!! :lol:

LMFAO that's a beast! I can imagine putting the camera on a 2 second timer, propping it over my shoulder and taking a shot haha!! :lol:

It's actually quite light. Two elements cemented, in one group, at front. Rest is empty space.

I could say something about your lack of style, the generic look of your photos, and how they look good for straight out of the camera JPGs, but I won't.

Anways, you're being a little defensive when some one says something about something of yours being inferior? Maybe next time you'll be nicer and some one won't have to hurt your feelings again.

That's exactly what they are, batch resize, adobe gallery. Feelings intact, it takes more than a goon taking snaps of some bird in a shopping cart to hurt my feelings, bet that was your best seller, a big zero. H

And you're going to keep going on about it? I'm taking those shots for my friends for fun, and even then I make sure they have good quality photos when they want to share them with their friends.

But I guess I couldn't expect anything less from some one that's going to go around randomly bashing some one's equipment.

I mean, this poor guy starts a thread about his $2500 camera being stolen, probably with a lens that cost at least $750 connected to it, and you call his equipment inferior? What are you shooting with? I'd be ashamed to say a Nikon D3s, Canon 1Ds MKIII, Hassleblad, or any other camera that cost $7000+. After all, I can't say I have a lot of respect for some one's photographic ability when they're using a $7000 camera to shoot SOC jpg photos to advertise their work...or a lot of respect for the ill informed customers of that person.

Ed: This actually reminds me of a situation about a month or so ago where a friend of mine was shooting with a Canon t2i and using my 24-70. The guy next to him at least had a Nikon D3 and they were photographing some band playing behind one of the local bars on a Sunday afternoon. Some one randomly ask the friend with the t2i is he's doing it professionally, or what. The person asking was a local that kind of knew him. The guy next to him with the Nikon D3 looks over and says that you can't be professional unless you have a rig like "this" and holds up his camera and lens.

People like that should do the world a favor and stay hidden in their basements, because their wonderful attitudes are doing nothing for the future of photography.

The canon dig was actually a joke, you being gullible decided to shout your mouth off with a personal attack, now crawl back in your basement and read a couple of strobist blogs, congratulate yourself on your own mediocre photography, pin them to the walls, sell them, never. Hopefully the OP gets an insurance payout but in future he might just have learned a lesson and keep tight hold of anything worth more than a penny. H

PS. If you can read try a few of the posts here, its not the camera taking the photography, its the photographer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The canon dig was actually a joke, you being gullible decided to shout your mouth off with a personal attack, now crawl back in your basement and read a couple of strobist blogs, congratulate yourself on your own mediocre photography, pin them to the walls, sell them, never. Hopefully the OP gets an insurance payout but in future he might just have learned a lesson and keep tight hold of anything worth more than a penny. H

PS. If you can read try a few of the posts here, its not the camera taking the photography, its the photographer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just making a point. Maybe if you were secure with your own work you wouldn't worry about trashing other peoples'.

Most reactions

Back