No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some sites are starting to post forecasts/rumors for the 5D IV, like these:
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon 5D Mark IV com 36MP, será apresentada a 17 de Março de 2015 (confira as características e preço) | FilmMaker/HDSLR - Informações e noticias para Cinema Digital

These are rumors only. If confirmed, it's going to be a match for the D810.

Sensor
36 MP CMOS.
14-bit linear ADC, 16-bit data pipelines, as the D3X.
12-channel parallel readout.

Sensor Size
Full frame (23.9 x 36mm)

Live View
Two modes.

Video
To 1080/60p.

ISO
50 ~ 204,800.

Finder
98% coverage.
0.72x with 50mm lens.
18mm eyepoint.

AF
65 Points.
Fine-tuning, if you have slight errors with certain lenses.

Shutter
1/8,000 ~ 30 sec, bulb.
Carbon fiber and Kevlar, tested to 150,000 cycles.
Flash Sync: 1/200.

Frame Rate
7 FPS.

File Formats
JPG, and/or CR2 raw.

Rear LCD
3.2," 1,280,000 pixels.
HDMI HD output.

Electronic Level
Yes, electronic virtual horizon.

Storage
Two CF slots.

Data Communication
USB 3.

PowerRated for 1,250 shots.

Size
5.6 x 4.8 x 3.0" (142 x 123 x 77mm).

Weight
30.0 oz. (850g) with battery and SD card.
27.3 oz. (775g) without battery, card, strap, monitor cover or lens.

Price (USA)
$3,799, March 2015.

Introduction
17 March 2015.

Available
Late April 2015.

Wow thats one expensive camera ^^

I would be shocked if they don't offer 4k video along with their new Dual Pixel AF tech.

Northlight Images' rumor page listed the Rockwell rumor with the following:
  • 22nd We can close up the rumour pages - the Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators and Camera Prophet Extraordinary, the great Krockwell has spoken and the 5D4 will be launched on March 17th 2015
    • Don't rush to check if you see this appearing elsewhere though, it's a boilerplate spacefiller page with ads ;-)
With that really strong endorsement... they also indicated another rumor on the 5D IV which they specifically pointed out ran contrary to how Canon typically releases new models. Their general tone is that you should use these rumors as a source of entertainment and not for "serious buying research".

I would take these rumors with a grain of salt.

98% viewfinder coverage, lol what?

After March 2015 & before August 2016.

Will have better features than the 5D Mark III.

Will have better features than the 7D Mark II.

Hopefully it will be better than the 2014 full frame cameras from Sony & Nikon.

The 5D mklll is a great camera, it has all the features for both pro and amateur use, I can see some people upgrading to newer bodies when they really need to, I'm not one to jump at anything brand new simply because they decide to make a few changes to sell a newer version of the same camera.

I use my mklll as a backup camera most of the time now, but also know that it is quite capable of helping produce what I need, when i need it.

The 5D mklll is a great camera, it has all the features for both pro and amateur use, I can see some people upgrading to newer bodies when they really need to, I'm not one to jump at anything brand new simply because they decide to make a few changes to sell a newer version of the same camera.

I use my mklll as a backup camera most of the time now, but also know that it is quite capable of helping produce what I need, when i need it.

Agreed. It would have to be a major revolution rather than just a few minor bells and whistles.

Granted that things I mentioned above would be nice to have but really not worth the money.

Wow thats one expensive camera ^^

The 5D Mklll was around $4500. I would expect that a new body to have a pro price about $800-1000 less than that $3799.

Canadian dollars? IIRC it was still almost as much as it sells for now ($3,300). Which is more than the $2,700 5D MKII.

It's taken this long to try and match the D8x0 series?! hahahahaha

Well the difference is that Canon actually makes significant changes rather than a few firmware tweaks and a new number plate. ;)

Well the difference is that Canon actually makes significant changes rather than a few firmware tweaks and a new number plate. ;)

Being this far behind doesn't impress me. BUT, if it does have 65AF points and 7FPS with a FX 36mp sensor, I'll be impressed.

Being this far behind doesn't impress me. BUT, if it does have 65AF points and 7FPS with a FX 36mp sensor, I'll be impressed.

So the extra 4 points and 1 FPS is worth the upgrade?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back