Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello !
I have a canon 6d and I wanted to move to a more performing one
I would like it to be between 5d mark IV or Sony A7RIII
Someone can tell me what to do
Thank you

What lenses do you have for the 6d? If you have a considerable amount already vested in the 6d, I'd assume it'd be more cost effective to stay within the same brand.

That said, one is mirrorless. Have you tried them both in person?

What lenses do you have for the 6d? If you have a considerable amount already vested in the 6d, I'd assume it'd be more cost effective to stay within the same brand.

That said, one is mirrorless. Have you tried them both in person?
Hello !
I have a Canon 24-70 f2.8L II and 70-300L
I have not tried either, but I'm mainly interested in the quality image that is sharpness.

What's your budget?

Are you willing to buy new lenses for the Sony? Is there a specific reason you want a Sony over a Canon?

Both cameras will produce excellent images, so you'll find that the limiting factor in getting good quality is technique.

Check out some of the youtube videos comparing these two cameras or just reviews of each. Jason Lanier does plenty of videos with the A7rIII, Jarred Polen has reviewed both and may have some sample images.

I wouldn't be concerned about the lenses because from what I understand that metabones adapter for the Canon glass works well. Again, from the images that I have seen from Jason Lanier using a Sony body and canon glass, there is no issues there.

[QUOTE = "waday, post: 3836744, member: 167673"] Qual è il tuo budget?

Sei disposto ad acquistare nuovi obiettivi per la Sony? C'è una ragione specifica per cui desideri una Sony rispetto a una Canon?

Entrambe le telecamere produrranno immagini eccellenti, quindi scoprirai che il fattore limitante per ottenere una buona qualità è la tecnica. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "waday, post: 3836744, member: 167673"] Qual è il tuo budget?

Sei disposto ad acquistare nuovi obiettivi per la Sony? C'è una ragione specifica per cui desideri una Sony rispetto a una Canon?

Entrambe le telecamere produrranno immagini eccellenti, quindi scoprirai che il fattore limitante per ottenere una buona qualità è la tecnica. [/ QUOTE]
Ciao !
Naturalmente vorrei iniziare con un 55mm 1.8 che tutti dicono sia (www.dxomark.com)
Mi interessa solo la qualità dell'immagine e ho letto che la Sony A7 RIII e (con la Nikon 850) la migliore fotocamera (non sono un fan di Sony)
Vi chiedo se notate differenze tra una foto fatata con A7RIII e Canon 5d mark IV (ho letto che lo stesso obiettivo con due fotocopiatrici ha valutazioni completamente diverse)
Mi piace il manuale più Canon (su you tube ho visto il 5d mark 4 e fantastico) ma mi interessa la chiarezza della fotografia

[QUOTE = "ronlane, post: 3836749, membro: 129851"] Guarda alcuni dei video di YouTube che confrontano queste due fotocamere o solo recensioni di ciascuno. Jason Lanier fa molti video con A7rIII, Jarred Polen ha recensito entrambi e potrebbe avere alcune immagini di esempio.

Non mi preoccuperei delle lenti perché da quello che ho capito l'adattatore per i metabones per il vetro Canon funziona bene. Ancora una volta, dalle immagini che ho visto da Jason Lanier usando un corpo Sony e un vetro Canon, non ci sono problemi lì. [/ QUOTE]

Ciao !
Grazie per l'aiuto ..... personalmente mi interessa l'adattatore solo per l'arte Sigma 85mm che per me è fantastica.
Ho anche 24-70 f2.8 L II e 70-300 L ........ dal momento che ho Sigma, non li uso molto ........ e tutti gli altri obiettivi Canon mondiali venderanno il centro commerciale .
Questo è il motivo per cui voglio il meglio e ovviamente sono d'accordo con lei sul fatto che un buon fotografo realizzerà sempre delle belle foto ..................... ma qualcuno come me che non è bravo quanto ha bisogno di un'attrattiva eccellente.
Mi piacerebbe se tu vedessi il mio profilo Instagram gibi_trieste ........... tutte le immagini nella scatola sono con l'arte Canon 6d e Sigma 85mm
Grazie

I have neither camera, so I can't speak to image quality of either camera. However, my assumption is that the camera is less important than your technique.

You are indicating that you are looking for a camera to improve your pictures, because your technique is lacking. If this is true, you'll likely find that both cameras produce similar results. You'll need to improve your technique to improve your photos.

If you are only looking at the camera's specifications, I'd suggest reviewing them side by side. As ronlane pointed out, look at videos and articles comparing the two cameras. Once you do this, you need to make the decision. No one on here is going to make it for you.

I'd stick with the 5div. It has a significant upgrade in focus, resolution and dynamic range when compared to the 6d. Yes the Sony has even more pixels and better dynamic range again, but you would like to see it in real photos, do you print that big? Do you need to push shadows that much? Do you want to learn a new system and buy new lenses?

The 5div does nearly everything very well. If you look at the charts others might be better .On 12x18 or even larger print, this would be hard to spot unless a lot of processing was carried out.

Add to that great dual pixel autofocus and the fact that it is also great as a video camera.

I'd recommend sticking with canon (and i am a Nikon user)
YMMV

I couldn't possible give an accurate answer on a camera model nor can anyone else since it seems the OP really isn't sure of what he wants.
What I see above, waylay and ronlane are the closes to an answer you're going to get. Compare them online (in store if you can). See which system feels best in hand and produces the image you want.

Canon 5d mark IV is a good choice for you. it is a tremendous photography camera which helps the photographer to capture beautiful and classy pictures.

This type of post is no help at all unless you actually know the OP you CAN'T possibly know what the best camera is for someone and anyone that says different in the context of what has been posted here is fooling them selves.

Last edited:
Considering you will need to sell your lenses and get the Sony I would stick with the Canon and get 5DIV, the Sony has better IQ but the 5DIV is not bad either.
A7RIII vs 5DIV

The A7RIII is better in many ways but again not by a huge margin and due to lenses you already have I wouldn't start selling off everything to make this move

Most reactions

Back