Canon 5D Sensor marks

Guernsey Gaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined and have looked for a while for an answer to no avail, so signed up here to try to find out what is on the sensor and if I can rectify the problem.
I have don a white test at F16 and ISO 100 with manual focus and when I blow up the image I get this? can anyone help and explain what it is what would caused it and can I get rid of it?
hairlines on sensor - Copy.JPG
Thanks everyone
Gary (Guernsey Gaz)

you should be able to see that with your naked eye if you lock the mirror up. it appears like a cracked screen -- but I really think it's just hair. you need a good cleaning with a wet sensor swab.

Many thanks Braineack, any suggestions for the best wet sensor cleaning products?

Guernsey Gaz

It has a like-a-fake name VSGO and made in China, but i use these swabs for couple of years.

IMG_20180228_112650.jpg

They have APS, APS-C, and MFT swabs. It's a high quality product.
The only thing you need to know: the less liquid you apply - the better for your sensor.
1-2 drops is more than enough. So you need 2 swabs a 2 drops of a liquid cleaner for a one cleaning session.
cO7UDH

Looks like plain old dust and threads of fuzz, to me. See my two threads on the subject of cleaning sensors. It's not that big a deal, IMO.

Cleaning: A Rite Of Passage? (I Failed) (Then partially succeeded.)

Cleaning: A Rite Of Passage II (Success!)

I've since checked my sensor twice, and each time found dust spots and/or threads on it. (This despite the fact I vacuum twice-a-week, dust thoroughly once-a-week and am careful to keep the camera body pointing down when I change lenses.) Each time a few quick shots with the Rocket, with the front of the camera pointing down, cleared it out.

Most reactions

Back