Canon 5D2 or 6D

Jbandy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. Was looking for some opinions on the two cameras.

I currently have the 7D and purchased the 6D awhile back but have sold it since. I really liked the camera and the images it produced. But I really like the build of the 7D. I like to have a little more weight and size for a body. That may be nit picking vs IQ quality but I couldn't get passed it.

Anyway, I was looking at the 5D2 and have tried to research the differences in the two. They seem similar in used pricing.

I mainly shoot portraits and all of this is just a hobby. Does anyone have any hands on opinions with the two bodies?

Thanks

The 6D is the better of the two. Superior sensor for one thing.

Old vs New
The 6D is the natural winner here.
If you really need the 5DII body then wait a bit, save the money and get the 5D III

look at a refurbished 6D - $979 (which includes the one year warranty)

Thanks for the replies.

I checked at Canons refurb site and the 6D was $1099. Where exactly did you see the $979 at if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

If you're going fullframe maybe wait until autumn when Canon may (or may not) announce the 6D II. Prices of 6Ds will probably tumble at that point although tbh you will probably just want the Mk2 anyway.

If you're going fullframe maybe wait until autumn when Canon may (or may not) announce the 6D II. Prices of 6Ds will probably tumble at that point although tbh you will probably just want the Mk2 anyway.

Per canon rumors - the 6D mk II won't be here until 2017 so probably won't announce it until Feb. (They don't say when it will announce but from past history that makes since for an April launch.

Most reactions

Back