Canon 600D with Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 vc

Artymec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have a 600D and tamron lens so as a beginner I would like that someone can show me any advice
4.jpg
for perfect shooting in the sunny day.I tried with iso 100 1/60 sec and f/2.8 but the subject is shined to much

It is over exposed (in this case your shutter speed is way to slow for a sunny day at that aperture) . In what mode are you shooting? I would suggest P mode to start off with,and note what the camera is doing. Then you could move on to AV and TV modes depending on what you shoot, and what effect you are looking for.

In Manual mode, now maybe I should try with P mode to see the camera self-configuration.

In Manual mode, now maybe I should try with P mode to see the camera self-configuration.

yes, or full auto until you learn how to read the meter and different metering modes (eval, center, etc,.)

I use a slightly different approach. Aperture or Shutter speed priority to start with its letting go of some control unlike letting go of all control. This way you can decide how much detail you want in the photo. You can still watch the metering response and learn from it. Another pitfall if you used auto mod: with all that black in the photo you might still find it over expose in auto mode similar to a lot of white ( like snow scene)will tend to under expose. You will quickly learn to see the limitation of auto exposure don't forget to use exposure compensation in these scenarios or if your like me I like to under expose by 1/3 -1/2 a stop its personal I prefer the slightly darker look.

Good luck and happy creating

Most reactions

Back