Canon 60D, 70D, or Nikon D7100 for

60D, 70D, or D7100?

• Total voters
Pulled the $1700 trigger on Adorama and Amazon. Given it's winter and I'm clumsy without it being icy and carrying a $1500 camera setup, I got the $45 New Leaf plan. I'm kinda just hoping Adorama is good and they stay in business for the next 3 years. The rest I got on Amazon. I took your word for it and got the better tripod for the $35 difference. When you spend big the money sure flies fast, huh? haha. The tough part is going to be seeing all my lenses and gear show up in two days and the Camera Body show up in ten... Oh well. I can start reading up on CC and Editing while I wait.

Adorama is one of the premier Photo gear stores in the USA.

IMO only B&H Photo Video rates better, and then not by very much.

Hey guys. Another question. Would it be better to get something like this to start? It won't zoom, I know, but would it be better glass and would it be a better trade off to get the Rikonin than the two other lenses?

Amazon.com: Rokinon CV16M-MFT 16mm T2.2 Cine Wide Angle Lens for Micro 4/3 Olympus/Panasonic Cameras: Camera & Photo

Do you guys think I'd miss the zoom and AF too much? and I suppose it's another $100 on top of my already stretched budget.

By the way, I got my Tripod earlier and I love how smooth it is. Footprint is a tad large, but the head is really nice.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi David - Congratulations on the new camera! I bought my GH3 from Adorama as well - it's a great store and has been around for decades.

And I'm glad you like the Ravelli AVTP. I'm going to buy a second one as soon as I can afford it. Love that tripod :)

As far as lenses go, if you're going to spend that kind of money on one lens, I recommend the Olympus 17mm f1.8 for $499. You'll have autofocus and autoiris - and it's faster than the Rokinon.

This video was shot with the GH3 and the Oly - very sharp, nice bokeh wide open and very good with shadows (please watch full-screen at 1080p):

If you decide to get the Rokinon, I suggest you get it in Nikon mount (instead of MFT mount) with a $13 adapter. That way, when budget permits, you can use it with a Metabones Speed Booster (or a Speed Booster clone) to get an extra f-stop of aperture and a wider field of view.

There's a used Rokinon 16mm for Nikon mount for $469.31 at Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Good luck with your new camera - please post videos when you can!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back