Canon 6D Lens

goofdunk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, i just purchased a Canon 6D and i am looking for a good multipurpose lens for the camera that can take good night landscape, night city light and buildings pictures well. Any recommendations for a lens that is good value since I'm on a fairly tight budget?

You can't go wrong with the venerable Canon 24-105 L lens. It works extremely well with the 6D and even is a macro. It is not that expensive for a 'L' series lens...save for it. You will never regret it. Wife uses hers all the time, and I wind up borrowing often.

btw you can often times find a refurbished direct from Canon, or one of the big camera house and save quite a bit of money.

Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC

You can't go wrong with the venerable Canon 24-105 L lens. It works extremely well with the 6D and even is a macro. It is not that expensive for a 'L' series lens...save for it. You will never regret it. Wife uses hers all the time, and I wind up borrowing often.

btw you can often times find a refurbished direct from Canon, or one of the big camera house and save quite a bit of money.

I agree, the 24-105 is a "kit" lens but has the L goodness

I agree, the 24-105 is a "kit" lens but has the L goodness

It is a true 'L' series Red band. It is used as a 'kit' lens by Canon for their top end cameras.

Most reactions

Back