Canon 70-200 f/4 L used prices?

JBLoudG20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jayt.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What price range should I be looking at for this lens? I can get it new for $595 on Amazon.

Thanks.

I would highly recommend getting the IS version. not only does it have the best IS canon makes (4 stops worth I believe), but it's also sharper than the non-is version.

I would highly recommend getting the IS version. not only does it have the best IS canon makes (4 stops worth I believe), but it's also sharper than the non-is version.

Its too far out of reach. I need to replace my crappy sigma 70-300, and the f/4L is, IMO my best option for the price.

I'd keep saving... it would be worth the wait. I see f/4 non IS lenses on Craigslist from time to time here in south florida... I don't remember how much they're going for.

I went with the Canon 70-300 IS instead of the f/4 without IS. When I hit 150mm +, I tend to require the IS on these cameras. I'm keeping the 70-300 for a while, as its a great copy, until I can save up for an IS'ed 70-200 (2.8 or 4, still undecided)

If its new at $600, then used shouldnt be too far behind as its a great lens that retains its market value.

I think the 70-300 might be a better idea than the 70-200 f/4 without IS. As long as you're not cropping (which the extra hundred mm should more than preclude) you'll be better off.

I think mine was around $450 from adorama. I can't remember exactly.

I think the 70-300 might be a better idea than the 70-200 f/4 without IS. As long as you're not cropping (which the extra hundred mm should more than preclude) you'll be better off.

Everything I read about the 70-200 f/4 is great. You seem to think its pretty bad, no?

FWIW, I almost always have my camera on my manfrotto when I'm shooting longer than about 150.

I don't think it's a bad lens... I just think you might be able to do better for the money. I'm not going to lie though, having a lens that doesn't move when you zoom or focus is really nice.

Ah, well, if you are almost always shooting off a monopod or tripod, then then IS isn't a huge issue. That is not my case, which is why I went with the 70-300 that has the IS.

The f/4 non IS is a great lens, an L lens, with great image quality. I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy it.

The fun thing with L lenses is that they retain a good amount of their value when they are used, so if you find that you end up needing IS more than you initially though, you could always sell the non IS for a small loss when you have the money for the IS version

Most reactions

Back