Canon 750D/760D / 70D or 7D set up in 1200-1900$

tony5023

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

i need an advise which set up i should go for.

What i want to do: - portraits, weddings, video - for studio work mostly.

I have 3 candidates - Canon 750D/760D, Canon 70D or Canon 7D

Mostly i like 750D/760D new model, new senzor, in many things like 70D. LightWeight mode of shooting video is really amazing it takes 2,5 times less video size then a standard mode - handy for streaming, bud i did not found difference in these two modes, do you know any like youtube videos? What is the difference between 750D or 760D price difference is like 60$, but is it worth for another diplay info? How it can save me time?

For video best quality will be best Canon 7D it can shoot video in 70-80MB/s, canon 750D/ 70D can only 40MB/s . I am totally amazed by the quality of the video what RAW can do

Lens i like Sigma Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM , or i should get Sigma 50mm F/1.4? Is it worth paying 300$ more? I did not seen much difference in videos.

What zoom lens is best for taking pictures for weddings? Price range 200-400$ (i can buy later)

What is your recommendation in this price range?

What is best for taking pictures?

What is best for video?

I have question. If we would compare Canon 750D/760D, Canon 70D, Canon 7D in shooting video on the same lens - Sigma 30mm F1.4 in studio - good light, tripod... each canon records like +- 235 MB/min, so the final video would be same on each DSLR? Or senzor can make a difference in these conditions for shooting FHD 30 frames? Or mainly quality of video (sharpness) is mainly made by lens? For comparision:

Canon 5D mark II -

canon 70D -

Thanks for every advice :)

Of the choices you've listed, I would say that the 70D would be best for video.

That being said, the rumor is that the 5D mk IV will be announced later this year with 4K video, so that would up the game in my opinion.

For events, like weddings, receptions, and so on, focal length flexibility is important, so a 17mm-50mm f/2.8 zoom lens is the "standard", fast lens for people who understand the need to have photos that are not boring and monotonous. A single, 50mm lens on a 1.6x sensor d-slr is NOT a good choice for weddings, it's a bad choice--and if you only have one lens, it's a horrible choice.

But take a look into RAW , the Canon 7D i think is best winner, but who can tell me about dual procesor? I heard it has some problems :/

So best Lens for weddings, receptions, and so on is 17-50mm ? do not need more like 18-135mm? I have not tried them so jusk asking what is best zoom for these photos. I want Sigma 30mm F1.4 is great for crop sensor great for portraits and dslr video. Mainly i would like to go for one fixed lenght like that sigma and later buy good zoom lens, and later better lens in higher price range and better DSLR

Do you think that there is better Lens like Sigma 30mm f1.4 for portraits and video? In price range like 500$, is it worth to buy Sigma 50mm F1.4 which is 300$ more then sigma 30mm f1.4.

What DSLR + 1 fixed len is best for my usage in price 1200-1900$?

Why would you care for a 1.4 for studio portraits? Are you not using strobes? I don't understand people's fascination for fast lenses for portrait work. The depth of field becomes so narrow that it makes the subject look like utter chit. I understand the fast primes with full frame for low light work in clubs and in venues that do not allow flash, but I think that should always be the last option. I now buy nothing but 2.8 or faster, but I rarely shoot at that aperture. 5.6 is usually my go to now-- 2.8 at at weddings with a great camera, speed light and not shooting any subject in specific. If $1,900 is really your price range and you want canon, I'd go with a canon 6d with a 50mm 1.8, and I'd go used from a company that offers a warranty. You might even be able to get a speedlight.

i watch some videos on youtube and read some forums, for video dslr is best primes that are fast, they have much more better sharpness / video quality like zoom lens. Well i could buy 5D Mark III too but i am totally beginner and there is 5D Mark IV on the way with 4K video which is great for i would like to do.

6D have only 40MB/s writing speed so magiclantern RAW video would be same as on canon 750D / 70D, even 60D, 700D, only it is great for high iso and low light and for that i dont have usage. 50mm f1.8 is cheap lens try to compare with Sigma 30mm f1.4 / sigma 50mm f1.4 on videos on youtube and you will see the difference in quailty / sharpness of video.
I want to buy good camera + prime lens + flash, when i get used to it i would buy good zoom lens.
I think best for my usage would be Canon 750D/ 760D + Sigma 30mm F1.4+ Flash and later buy great ZOOM lens for weddings... If i will be good at it i can sell in one year canon 750d/760d and go for 5D mark IV.

My main questions were like for video comparision of 750D/ 760D, 70D and 7D on same prime lens.

What is best prime lens in price like 400-500$?
What is best zoom lens for weddings like 400-500$?

Which camera will be best at taking pictures and videos? Pictures will be 750d/760d right? Newer sensor, more megapixels, in many ways like 70D.
Or there is better brand which can also shot video in RAW format, and have better DSLR for my usage?

Canon 7D is out of list, many in other forums said for low ISO it would be bad choice for weddings in low light situations.

I have good deal on Canon 750D + 18-55mm IS II + Sigma 30mm F1.4 + flash, for start it is good to learn, firstly i buy 24-70mm f/2.8 , then buy second body Canon 5D mark IV, then i can go for better 50mm f1.2 and 70-200mm F2.8.

***Is is good to start with or go with something else in price 1200-1900$

My main questions:

***Any experience with MagicLantern? Anyone got damaged and send it for service in warranty, they would repair free of charge or not?

*** I have question. If we would compare Canon 750D/760D, Canon 70D, Canon 7D in shooting video on the same lens - Sigma 30mm F1.4 in studio - good light, tripod... each canon records like +- 235 MB/min, so the final video would be same on each DSLR? Or senzor can make a difference in these conditions for shooting FHD 30 frames? Or mainly quality of video (sharpness) is mainly made by lens? For comparision:

Canon 5D mark II -

canon 70D -

Most reactions

New Topics

Back