Canon 7D MII unleashed!

It's 65 cross type AF points sound good. As does it's 10fps. AND the center-point AF at f/8 is huge for birding/wildlife shooters who depend on teleconverters.

But.. we chartered a bus! We were going to make smores and everything. Wow, you guys are just no fun at all.. Lol

Even as a Nikon guy myself I'm hoping this thing just flies off the shelves. If it does maybe Nikon will be convinced to put out something to compete with it.
Oh no one said anything about smores, you can count me in :) LOL

You are $100 too high. BH and Canon have the $1,799.
That's because you live south of us, us your loving neighbor in the north are talking in Canadian Dollars :)

7D Mark III will be announced September 2019 before Photokina 2019. Bodies will ship November 2019.

By that time, Nikon will have released something much better.

:boogie:

Yes, and once again the power of smores has led yet another to the dark side.

Muhahahaha!

Lol
So true my Sith lord, another Jedi turned to the dark side, I am weak to the powers of the SMORES!!! :1247:

I'm glad Canon is continuing high-quality DX line cameras. I was excited to hear about the 7D Mark II release, since the Canon 7D original and the Nikon D7100 are fairly similar cameras... and I'm interested in seeing a D7200 to compete.

I was disappointed to see the price tag of this DSLR though... On the one hand, it's a pro body with pro features, so the price is about right for a professional who wants a good crop body. On the other hand, this definitely isn't satisfying to an enthusiast such as myself (of which I think there are many). The trade-off essentially becomes a superior focus system versus an entry-level full frame DSLR... or just a slight step up in cash ($500) and I can get a very good full frame DSLR with a very capable focusing system. I don't like seeing the staggering of features (ie. swivel screens, touchscreens), and I don't like seeing price tags that are this high. Clearly the target market is more along the lines of very serious enthusiasts, and professionals. I guess I'm slightly disappointed since this doesn't put much pressure on Nikon to compete at the $1000-$1200 price-point with the D7200.

Honestly I think the price is about the same as what the 7D was when it launched. I expect it to lose £4-500 within a few months which honestly would settle it in the market around a very good price point for what's on offer .

I think Burger King should make cameras so we can have it our way, as long as the price is right.

In a different post, I see that Nikon has 800 different models to choose from but folks are disappointed with Canon for not putting pressure on Nikon to make another...........huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Burger King should make cameras so we can have it our way, as long as the price is right.

Ok, maybe that's for the best though. I mean after all the "secret sauce" is really just ketchup and mayo mixed together.

In a different post, I see that Nikon has 800 different models to choose from but folks are disappointed with Canon for not putting pressure on Nikon to make another...........huh?

Yup. That's all Canon's fault. I also blame them for the AIDS virus, Chernobyl and of course the Macarena. I could probably forgive them for the first two.. but the third? Never.

Lol

Ok, maybe that's for the best though. I mean after all the "secret sauce" is really just ketchup and mayo mixed together.

Yup. That's all Canon's fault. I also blame them for the AIDS virus, Chernobyl and of course the Macarena. I could probably forgive them for the first two.. but the third? Never.

Lol

Darn you Rob Benz... I can avoid doing the dance (and thus avoid a trip to emergency for a hip replacement). However, I can't keep that song out of my head. It normally lasts for a day or two. UGHHHHHH

WIfey will have to put up with it; I'm blaming YOU!

Sample photos!
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sample Images & Movies | Camera News at Cameraegg

Not had a chance to download/read through properly but there we go for some pixel peeping

As one commenter wrote, this first photo, done at ISO 6,400 at blue hour, is "simply horrible." http://canon-premium.webcdn.stream.ne.jp/www09/canon-premium/eosd/samples/eos7dmk2/downloads/06.jpg

Ummmm...yeah...that's not very good resolving ability. And the shot of the squirrel, done in daylight at ISO 3,200? Ugggg...massive noise reduction has killed the detail--on a shot done with the Canon EF 200-400 f/4 L IS USM zoom lens...http://canon-premium.webcdn.stream.ne.jp/www09/canon-premium/eosd/samples/eos7dmk2/downloads/07.jpg The 200-400 L is a $11,799 lens...and sample pictures like this one do NOTHING to build confidence among the people who want this camera for birding or nature photography. This is one of Canon's premier, new tele-zoom lenses, and the quality shown in the full-size image of this squirrel is abysmally poor. Let us hope that these higher-ISO images are just the result of an incompetent shooter, and not what the camera typically can produce. Early sample images are often not all that great, due to a variety of reasons, so I'm not judging these as anything approaching "final" image quality potential. For one thing, I have no idea what software was used to make the JPGS, and no idea of the skill of the worker involved.

Dangit. This is where I suck (my eyes especially at times). I am looking at the squirrel and it looks great to me (not $12,000 great) but sharp. Keep in mind I am still a baby to much of this. But are my eyes deceiving me? I know when I do massive noise reduction in lightroom at least, photos take on a look not far from over cooked hdr. I need to take a better look when I get home.

Yeah from memory most early sneak peek photos from most cameras are underwhelming - its once the camera is out that it tends to get better results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back