CANON 7D realesed!!!

they definitely should have just put those specs into the 50D, why did they put all that into a body of an entry lever dslr? come on, no top lcd? whats the go?
i just dont understand where this camera is targeted, pro-end specs in what looks like a pretty low end body. if your getting a camera with manly specs you want a big rugged body to demonstrate the manliness of your purchase. and im only half joking.

There is a top LCD
http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0909/Canon7d/13_eur.jpg

It's about time Canon enter the Prosumer market. Looks like a great rival for the D300s as long as it can hold its own with that ridiculous megapixel rating.

There is a top LCD
It's about time Canon enter the Prosumer market. Looks like a great rival for the D300s as long as it can hold its own with that ridiculous megapixel rating.

Ok I'm sold now - I want it!
but only... only after I see its ISO and fine detail capture performance. I just hope that in the quest for more and more MP canon has not nerfed the fine details in a bid for higher ISOs -

Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR

OMG HOLY ****ING **** 18 mega pic.. 8fps...
only 1700?
WAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. ima have to get htis

I shoot a D700 and i'm stoked for Canon shooters, finally something they can REALLY sink their teeth into..

But honestly, this is what the 50D SHOULD have been in the first place. It really shouldn't have taken Canon this long to get pro-level AF/weather sealing/wireless flash commander/8fps into a camera this cheap. Nikon first did it with the D200(sans the 8fps), then they settled it in the D300..

Now if Nikon just got better video and newer midrange primes, then we'd be set too. I envy Canon's video and some of their exotic fast midrange L primes.

That's for damn sure..

What? The 5D MKII is Canon's best value. This camera sucks donkey do-hicky. APS-C with 18MP? OK, let's all never shoot above ISO 400 like the first Nikon shooter did. :grumpy:

What? The 5D MKII is Canon's best value. This camera sucks donkey do-hicky. APS-C with 18MP? OK, let's all never shoot above ISO 400 like the first Nikon shooter did. :grumpy:

I'll save the review on this till there is a lot more data out on the ISO capabilities. But I do expect a good usable ISO 800 without massive loss to fine details in noise reduction. If its usabiltiy caps at 400 its hardly doing much better than my 400D :(

The WFT-E5A sounds interesting to me!

hehe I I were you I would wait for the 1DM4 ;) The shiny addons to the 7D look good - its just the ISO performance which is in question for me - but the 1DM4 would blow it out of the water (at leastit should!)

I assume that it has the same micro focus adjustment that the 50D has...but I can't find it in the specs. :scratch:

yeah, I would assume it has that same micro adjustment but you're right I didn't see it anywhere on the preview at dpreview.

From what I saw that 1600 and 3200 and perhaps even the 6400 looked perfectly usable as long as a bit of noiseware was done. I want my next body to be full frame, but this does look pretty good to me.

Canon has had a wireless grip for the 40d,50d (and probably the 5d can't remember) for a while, but they tend to have a pretty high price (last I checked they were in the $900 range)

hehe I I were you I would wait for the 1DM4 ;) The shiny addons to the 7D look good - its just the ISO performance which is in question for me - but the 1DM4 would blow it out of the water (at leastit should!)
I... can't... wait. :)

I might wait, I probably should. You're right. But man, this thing looks amazing to me for what I would want it for... to replace my sorely missed 50D. The new features, for me ROCK. I don't care about the ISO performance at 6400 and beyond... I have a 5DMk2 for that. I want the 8fps, horizon level, 19 AF points, the improved 63 zone metering, and the wireless transmitter. I would take this little guy everywhere with me.

I assume that it has the same micro focus adjustment that the 50D has...but I can't find it in the specs. :scratch:

Here

Under ..

AF microadjust:
• +/- 20 steps
• Adjust all lenses by same amount/individually adjust up to 20 lenses

Why can't all Canon products be 1/5th the price there are now? lol

I also haven't seen anything about the wireless flash control anywhere on the Canon site. I would think that would be a big 'new' feature to brag about. (unless they didn't want to point out that Nikon been doing that for years and they are finally catching up). I saw it mentioned (but not elaborated) at Dpreview but not at Canon.

I found thiat at Dpreview...
The Canon EOS 7D is equipped with an Integrated Speedlite Transmitter. For the first time in an EOS, photographers can control external Speedlites with no additional accessories - ideal for those looking to experiment with creative lighting set-ups. The EOS 7D also features an extensively upgraded, built-in flash including manual control, and wider flash coverage to cover focal lengths as wide as 15mm.

I would like to give a hand of applause for Canon for finally giving us something new :p

Most reactions

Back