canon 7d vs canon 5d Mark 2

Wait what? At what point did anyone say you need a full frame camera to get started? Heck most of the time people try to talk others out of full frame cameras as a first digital.

A Nikon D90 with a nice lens like an 85mm f/1.4 is a heck of a lot cheaper than a Nikon D700 and will take much nicer portraits. Don't missfocus your directions. Just because everything below a 5D or a D700 are not a full frame doesn't mean they don't take exceptional images. Heck some people even prefer the APS sized cameras since they effectively extend the perceived reach of telephoto lenses (200mm looks effectively like a 300mm lens). D700 + 300mm f/2.8 for $1200AU or you could have a D300 + 70-200mm f/2.8 for $5400AU. Unless you shoot late evening at ISO6400 you would be very hard pressed telling the images from both these sets apart.

My advice to you is go into the galleries subforum and have a look at all the fantastic work some people on this forum do with equipment that costs about $3000 less than what you "need to spend". Heck Nikon didn't even have a full frame camera body till very recently. Didn't stop hordes of people making a professional living taking fantastic photos with their equipment.

Your lenses can always be carried on to your new full frame body if you go pro or suddenly have an onrush of disposable income.

Wait what? At what point did anyone say you need a full frame camera to get started? Heck most of the time people try to talk others out of full frame cameras as a first digital.

A Nikon D90 with a nice lens like an 85mm f/1.4 is a heck of a lot cheaper than a Nikon D700 and will take much nicer portraits. Don't missfocus your directions. Just because everything below a 5D or a D700 are not a full frame doesn't mean they don't take exceptional images. Heck some people even prefer the APS sized cameras since they effectively extend the perceived reach of telephoto lenses (200mm looks effectively like a 300mm lens). D700 + 300mm f/2.8 for $1200AU or you could have a D300 + 70-200mm f/2.8 for $5400AU. Unless you shoot late evening at ISO6400 you would be very hard pressed telling the images from both these sets apart.

My advice to you is go into the galleries subforum and have a look at all the fantastic work some people on this forum do with equipment that costs about $3000 less than what you "need to spend". Heck Nikon didn't even have a full frame camera body till very recently. Didn't stop hordes of people making a professional living taking fantastic photos with their equipment.

Your lenses can always be carried on to your new full frame body if you go pro or suddenly have an onrush of disposable income.

Good advice...I told you I was confused:lol:
I'll look at photo's, and if they list it, the camera equip used to take the photo's. I'm still overwhelmed with information overload, but I'm getting some well informed advice.
thanks,

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back