Canon A-1 and Double Exposure

super june

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I am going to buy a Canon A-1 camera, and I was wondering if it is possible to take a double exposure photo with it (like a special button or if we have to turn the film manually (maybe not since it is an 'automatic' but who knows !)).

If not, I read this film technique which seems to be interesting. The person said ' i shoot the roll, rewind it, reload it, and shoot it again'

....But, how do we rewind a film ?? @__@

well...after you're done taking a roll of pictures...do you not rewind the film back into the can? ;) lol

..... :O !!!

woops. :blushing: haha

The A1 is a manual camera and it does has a Double Exposure film release clutch just under the film advance lever

The A1 is a manual camera and it does has a Double Exposure film release clutch just under the film advance lever

So the A-1 has this feature too, I was wondering about this.

On the EF it is located in the center of the On/Off switch

100_2401.jpg

I have not tried this but have heard that with any 35mm manual camera, if you pushing the film release button in it with releases the take up reel (that we all know is true), next hold rewind knob still and wind the camera, this should cock the camera without advancing the film

dang... I didnt know anyone owned that camera besides me... thats the one I learned on... and still have it in box somewhere... yes there is a button to bypass advancing the film when you reset the shutter...
good luck with it!

I have not tried this but have heard that with any 35mm manual camera, if you pushing the film release button in it with releases the take up reel (that we all know is true), next hold rewind knob still and wind the camera, this should cock the camera without advancing the film
If I can find one of my other manuals I might have to try this just for something to do, I had not heard that.

dang... I didnt know anyone owned that camera besides me... thats the one I learned on... and still have it in box somewhere... yes there is a button to bypass advancing the film when you reset the shutter...
good luck with it!
What camera, the A-1 or the EF?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back