Canon: A95 vs. S60. Torn!

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Dimitry, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Dimitry

Dimitry TPF Noob!

Well,
    I don't mean to start another Whats-better-? thread, but I simply have to.

I'm about to put my Rebel Ti up for sale on Ebay. You can see some specs here (temp page, just collecting some info). I know I won't get nearly as close to the price shows, but I'll try my best to squeeze the money out ;)

At any rate, I'm upgrading to a digital camera in the $300-400 range and I narrowed down all my choices to A95, but later today found the S60 and became very interested in it as well.

S60 seems to have a lot of features that A95 does, thus I'm torn. Anything that would help steer me one way or another would be great.

So far, I love S60's design (more compact, but same features?), but I love that A95 is almost $100 less and actually fits under my budget.

Thank you
    Dimitry

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would think that if you are used to using a Rebel Ti...a point & shoot digital camera is going to disappoint you. Why not save up a little more and get a Digital Rebel for $600-$800?

Anyway, you can do a side by side comparison of the A95 & S60 at www.dpreview.com

3. Dimitry

Dimitry TPF Noob!

Yeah I did a side by side comparison earlier. Theyre so similar though. Ill keep thinking.

As to saving up more and getting Digital Rebel, I just don't have the time right now nor the will to spend more money on a camera. Most of my money will go to my tuition anyways, so I need to pump as much cash in there as I can.

I do agree though that I wont like point & shoot as much as SLR cams but it'll have to do till I graduate
    Dimitry