Canon AE-1

its a MINT Canon AE-1 Program camera...right now my bid is at $70...my high is gonna be $100.

Canon A1 is a wonderful camera. Mine came with a high speed motor which is a joy to use. Somehow, it doesn't "feel" like the tank the F-1 does....

Equip_48_RT16.jpg

btw... if you build up your collection to a certain point, you should consider getting it insured. I took pictures of "most" including serials with a local camera shop going through the list and filling in values according to their book. Insurance is very cheap and included as part of my escrowed mortgage payments.

And that is one of the reason that I consider the F2 one of the best if not the best 35mm camera systems ever made. They were a tank that could take unimagined punishment with a host of accessories available for them. I have one F2 Photmic AS in my collection with an MD1 motor drive and the 250 shot bulk back. A sports shooters dream back in the day.

What's the frame rate with the A1 and motor drive. Back in the day I thought 5fps with the F2 and MD1 to be pretty fast. Never could get my hands on one of the special production model Nikon F's made for the 1972 Olympics with 7fps. I would love to have one in my Nikon collection. I also drool at the thought of finding one of the 1976 Olympic versions of the F that did 9fps.

Last edited:
so I just got the canon ae-1 program...any tips on what film to experiment with? and tips for beginner in film.

Last edited:
Hello. I have both cameras luckily :D
The SX-70 actually takes sx-70 film, but 600 film can be modified to fit in it
The canon AE-1 takes film easy to come buy at a convenience store or camera store, and I love the camera. I have a 50 mm, 30mm wide angle, and 70-200mm which are all great for what they do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back