Canon all around lens

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about purchasing the Canon 5D mk I or maybe even the II.

What is a good all around lens to start out with?

I was thinking about the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-24-105mm-USM-Lens-Cameras/dp/B000AZ57M6/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header"]Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens[/ame]...just a bit expensive...any other suggestions?

thanks!:mrgreen:

Because it's an L lens. The "luxury" line is the top of the line lenses for Canon. And it is Image Stabilized.

I prefer the 24-70 f/2.8L.

You lose IS, but you gain an f stop, which works better when photographing anything moving. It's also a bit shorter, but you get a shallowe DOF. It's the lens that rarely leaves my 5D MKII.

it depends on what you want to take and when you want to take it. or in other words, there's never just one perfect all around lens to get.

it depends on what you want to take and when you want to take it. or in other words, there's never just one perfect all around lens to get.

Canon announced a new lens to be available early this fall.
It is the "one lens for all" - 15mm- 500mm USM IS MKX

heres my lineup on lens is this order when I get the 5D. Tell me what you guys think of the lens and the order i'm planning on buying them.

1) Canon 24-105mm L (Buying this lens right off the bat w/ camera)
2) Canon 15mm Fisheye (getting this baby soon after)
3) Canon 70-200mm L f/4 USM
4) Canon 50mm 1.4

I am curious, why the fisheye lens?

Canon announced a new lens to be available early this fall.
It is the "one lens for all" - 15mm- 500mm USM IS MKX

r u serious?!!?!?!?OMG!!! that'd wud be awesome!!!!!! with that range I can't even start imagining the price. :drool:is it L glass?

I am curious, why the fisheye lens?

Because it a highly addictive fun lens!!!!:mrgreen:

I love how creative you can get with fish-eye. I like its uniqueness that no other lens could bring. I need a wide angle too. :thumbup:

heres my lineup on lens is this order when I get the 5D. Tell me what you guys think of the lens and the order i'm planning on buying them.

1) Canon 24-105mm L (Buying this lens right off the bat w/ camera)
2) Canon 15mm Fisheye (getting this baby soon after)
3) Canon 70-200mm L f/4 USM
4) Canon 50mm 1.4

Check out the 24-70

Also, look at the 85 f/1.8 If you're using a 5D, it's not going to be as long as you'd see on a crop sensor.

the 15 is super sharp though. I use mine a lot.

Most reactions

Back