Canon Battery

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My battery is dying quickly and it's brand new. It only lasts about a half hour, not even taking 100 shots! Today I tested my theory. I charged it until it was completely full. I went out and it only lasted about 30 minutes. My dad's nikon can last 3-4 hours of shooting.

Should i call Canon support? Will they send me a new one in the mail and when it arrives, i put the dead one in the box and ship it back? I would prefer to have a battery that somewhat works, rather than not have one for the 2 weeks that they'd take to ship me one...

Any ideas?

Where did you buy the camera? I'd call them first, then Canon.

I've been using off-brand batteries for several years. I got them from Sterlingtek.com. They were dirt cheap and they last longer than the Canon battery.

For sure contact Canon directly. Chances they may not even want you to send the problem battery back.

And yes, I also bought a spare non OEM battery from another online shop and it works like a champ and it hold charge pretty well.

The battery in my EOS 40D is good for about 1500 shots. You should definitely expect better life from yours.

You're not using live view, or spending half the time gazing at the LCD, are you? Also, I second the suggestion to call Canon, and also get Sterlingtek batteries.

I don't use live-view or view photos for long amounts of time. I only took about 75 shots too. I'll call them later.

Most reactions

Back