Canon Camera, Pentax Lenses?

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently bought a Canon Digital Rebel XT.
My mother-in-law has offered me some of my late father-in-law's Pentax lenses. He was a wedding photographer, so he has MANY very nice lenses that I would love to have.

Anyone know what sort of adapter/converter I would need? What would work best? Does anyone know where to find one? Or how much I would end up spending for one?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I found an adapter that I think might work... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...30003674618&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

Is this the sort of thing that I'm looking for?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Assuming the Pentax lenses are M42 screw mount as opposed to bayonet mount (or medium format), yes it will work, however you may not be able to focus to infinity. I bought an adapter from that seller to use M42 lenses on my Pentax K-mount cameras, and can't focus on infinity. It works fine for a lot of shots, portrait etc, but is no good for anything where I want to focus reasonably far away. I had to buy another adaptor that allowed infinity focus. However that was because the adaptor added an extra 1mm or so to the lens mount, and I understand that that 1mm difference is not a problem with some camera systems, of which Canon EOS may be one. Best thing to do is to look for one on Ebay or elsewhere that is specifically stated to support infinity focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back