Canon Canonet 28

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by DeepSpring, Jul 14, 2006.

1. DeepSpring

DeepSpring TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was just looking around goodwill today and i saw it sitting on te shelf and asked the guy if i could see it. Looked pretty good so i got it. Costs me only $5. Went to the camera shop got a new battery and I'm exited to try it out.

Anyone have this camera? Any tips for using it?

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice! I don't know what your experience is, but that would not only be a great camera to learn on, but one I would probably now (or similar) if I still used film. Some of the greatest photogs ever used rangefinders with normal lenses. That one is a touch wider, but still a good choice for street work.

3. DeepSpring

DeepSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cool looks like i got a good deal then. Yeah I'm pretty new to photography so it will serve me well.

4. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    I've got a few Canonets in my cabinet. Great compact rangefinder and in my opinion, one of the sharpest looking rangefinders. A few people will recognize it from the movie Pecker. Pretty good movie for a rained out day. If you enjoy the Canonet 28, see if you can find a good conditioned Canonet GIII QL17.

When not in use, make a habit of moving the aperture setting away from "A". It will help prevent draining the battery for the meter. Also, examine the foam around the rear film door. The light sealing foam tends to get all gummy and sticky. It is a 30min job to remove it and replace it with new foam which can be purchased from cameraseals or your local camera shop. The battery itself is also an issue. It is a mercury battery which is banned in the US. Alkaline replacements can be found at various locations including photobattery.com. If you find a canonlite flash made specific for the the canonets in working condition, consider getting it right then and there. Its a difficult flash to find and it was specifically made to couple with the canonets and their meter.

Have fun.

5. Torus34

Torus34 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit