Canon D40 buying online a yes or No ?

atp_design

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atpimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK I have decided to go with a Canon D40 and have several options up my sleeve.
I am currently living in Belgium but am only here till Jan 09, then i have to return to my home in Australia.

Do I buy here at a high price (1100Euro)
Buy from B&H Photo (but the one i want is on backorder)
Buy from Ebay from stores like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-EOS-40D-D...ryZ43454QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are some good package deals online and i want one with carry case, tripod and a few good quality lenses etc. 17-85 would be a great start.

Can i buy one here in Brussels tax/duty free ?

I want to buy one asap.
What should i do ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Canon doesn't make a D40. They do make a 40D though ;)

If B&H doesn't have what you need, Adorama's probably your best bet.

I bought mine on Ebay, just don't buy from Sunshine Electronics on Ebay. Then go to squaretrade.com and get yourself an inexpensive 3 year warranty.

HTH

ooops sorry it was a Typo Canon 40D lol !

I tried one at a massive electronics store here. They had the 30D and 400D but it was the 40D that had me most impressed.

There should be no problems buying online as long as the dealer is reputable. Just do your research. The jump form the 30D to 40D is almost night and day so the decision is a good one.
I purchased my 20D a few years back off of an eBay dealer, Cameta Camera i belive, and was perfectly satisfied with my purchase. They actually replaced the camera after about a week because the LCD stopped working. I now mostly shop locally, but occasionally do use B&H since they have a much larger inventory than anyone else practically. Price-wise, the difference is negligible after shipping, etc. Dunno about duties and customs fees though.

Im still trying to take advantage of being a foreigner in an different country by avoiding paying duty and tax etc. I know if i buy a 1400 camera online from the states will attract a big tax bill with customs when it enters the EU.
I think i have made the decision with what camera i want, its just i cant decide where to get it from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back