Canon Dig SLR Rebel XT; Exposure & Dealer Online..

EnricoSuave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I used a Canon Celluloid SLR for over 15 years, then went to standard digital for another five years.. now I'm finally moving over to Digital SLR with the camera mentioned above. I'm looking for comments on the following;
  • With celluloid film, going to 1000 ASA film meant faster shutter-speeds at the expense of a coarser grain. With the digital SLR, does the CMOS maintain the high resolution at the simulated 1000 ASA setting or does it create a false, coarse grain to simulate celluloid?
  • Can anyone reccomend a good, online dealer to purchase the camera and lenses from, that they've personally done business with?
Thanks.

The Rebel is very good at handling grain, even at 800 or 1600 ISO. If you do find the grain to be a problem though there are lots of programs available that can clean them up.

I think most people will recommend you to buy from B&H or Adorama, both of which you can find links to right at the top of the page.

I agree, use the links at the top for Adorama or B&H.

Digital noise does resemble film grain in that it is more pronounced at higher ISO. A digital camera's sensor is like the film, it's where the light is recorded. To raise the ISO of the sensor (make it more sensitive to light) the camera will amplify the electric signal. This amplification increases the noise in the image.

Cameras are getting better all the time. They are producing less noise than previous models.

Most reactions

Back