Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP????

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera, what are peoples opinions on this camera? Is it worth the money? Any critique will be very much appreciated, as I am considering buying it this weekend. Thanks guys! (Hopefully after I get a good camera, I can start posting some pictures!)

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, that is a very good camera.

Awesome. I actually just purchased an old Canon AE-1 35mm SLR, it is in excellent condition, no scratches, came with the books and the whole she-band, but after just a few minutes with it- I am already craving digital!! Now I have to break it to my husband that after all the trouble we went through to get the current camera- I already want to sell it :(

As a beginner- I have a weird question to add then- Can my "MC Hanimex automatic zoom c-macro 1:4.5 f=80mm-200mm" lense be used on a digital camera? It is the current lense I am using on the older 35mm, but I wasn't sure if you can switch lenses like that- it just seems too drastic to take a lense from a 35mm film camera to a digital camera. Any information of lenses would help me out too!

(I have read a few online reviews of the Rebel XT, and I have learned that the lenses it comes with, or that you buy seperatly as a 'package' for it, are not all that great. Any specific lense for someone on a budget that anyone can suggest?)

Once again, thanks a bunch!

As I replied to your other thread...you can switch lenses from film to digital camera...but unfortunately...not that camera. In 1988, Canon switched to autofocus cameras and lenses. The camera you have, uses FD lenses and the autofocus camera (EOS) use EF lenses, the two are not compatible.

Canon's digital SLR cameras are all EOS cameras and use EF (and EF-S) lenses.

Live and learn :D

Awwww..... no, really? Lol, But I really like this lens. Oh well- I can find another one I guess. Thank you so very much, Big Mike. Wish me luck- hopefully I am digital by next week!

Any other tips on the rebel are also appreciated, such as quality of the lens package etc. if anyone has experience with them.

Id agree with Dodd here, i had to make the same choice a while back, and i went with the Xti. Having used a XT at school for the past year, I felt the Xti would suit me better. As for the stock lens, the 18-55, sure its cheap, but ive gotten some good shots with it, but usually stick with my 1.4 50mm. You also might want to look into the 1.8 50mm, which runs about 90$ and is a great lens to have.

Thanks everyone! After a lot of thought, I think I may wait a little bit longer before moving on to digital. I did just buy this 35mm so I guess I am going to give it a chance before I trash it I just cant stand the wait between taking the picture and getting to see how well it turned out. Grr! Lol. But I would have to agree, after looking it over, the XTi seems to suit me a bit better and my needs. I think the extra mega pixels are worth the money. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back