Canon Digital Rebel XT or Nikon D40

unless you are planning on doing a lot of portrait work indoors, the kit lens is fine. obviously it isnt the best optically, but the wide angel side makes it very useful outdoors.

As long as your arent taking pictures of people or animals inside with the kit lens, a 30 dollar tripod will solve your problems.

And it isn't just the lack of AF on the D40, it is also the lack of AF points on the camera... having only 3 points is supposed to make focusing on moving objects somewhat difficult (I cant confirm this since I havent used the camera).

Bottom line, you aren't going to buy a crappy DSLR. Every company and model has its own advantages and disadvantages.

From everything I've read the K100D is the way to go over the K110D...and it's actually cheaper.

I've been having this very same debate myself, D40 vs XT vs K100D. I was originally going to get the D40 since I've owned a few Nikon cameras and have always been happy with them but the specific lens requirements are a bit of a turn off.

I have since pretty much decided on the XT with the caveat that I may pay for the XTi instead.

The best advice I've heard so far. All the entry DSLR cameras are great gear, the best way to decide is go to a shop, use them all and decide which one "feels" the best to you because you are only going to shoot with a camera that you actually enjoy using.

Most reactions

Back