Canon DSLR rocks my world!

If I may paraphrase a very wise person on this forum (whose name I forget):

If you shoot enough, you will soon know exactly what gear you need.

but he did warn me it was going to be really hot...

The only real question I have is how should I travel with my camera/laptop? Do I have to worry about the climate there or airtravel?

Bring a hat. Don't wear jeans (they are much too hot). Drink lots of water - or beer. [Get your relative to take you to the katoey show in Obsessions at Nana Plaza.]
Be ready for serious jet-lag when you return. (I was in Laos for 5+ weeks in Jan/Feb and was a wreck for 2 weeks after)

No problem with camera, just keep it close. Laptop may be overkill, just take a bunch of memory cards. You can always get more memory there. Take a trip to Panthip Plaza, an amazing mall for high-tech stuff. Big stuff no cheaper than here but lots of small things at good prices.

Bring a hat. Don't wear jeans (they are much too hot). Drink lots of water - or beer. [Get your relative to take you to the katoey show in Obsessions at Nana Plaza.]
Be ready for serious jet-lag when you return. (I was in Laos for 5+ weeks in Jan/Feb and was a wreck for 2 weeks after)

No problem with camera, just keep it close. Laptop may be overkill, just take a bunch of memory cards. You can always get more memory there. Take a trip to Panthip Plaza, an amazing mall for high-tech stuff. Big stuff no cheaper than here but lots of small things at good prices.

I have to bring my lap top because I still have to get work done... any precautions I can take? And thanks for the suggestions I wrote them down and I will check them out!

I have to bring my lap top because I still have to get work done... any precautions I can take? And thanks for the suggestions I wrote them down and I will check them out!

Unless you have proprietary documents or programs that must reside on your laptop, think about using internet cafes. THere is one every 4 or 5 feet in most cities in Thailand - and the are cheap, cheap, cheap.

Otherwise stay somewhere nice enough that they have a safe and check the laptop in there.

Unless you have proprietary documents or programs that must reside on your laptop, think about using internet cafes. THere is one every 4 or 5 feet in most cities in Thailand - and the are cheap, cheap, cheap.

Otherwise stay somewhere nice enough that they have a safe and check the laptop in there.

Internet cafe isn't going to work, I'm a graphic designer and I have a whole add set I need to work on. I need my files and programs... Sucks I have to work while I'm on vacation, but I have to get it done.

Most reactions

Back