Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To those who may have knowledge about this extender and my lens/camera

My present equipment:

Canon T1i
kit lens - 18-55mm f/5.6
70-300mm f/4-5.6

I looked on the Canon site and had a hard time figuring whether this extender supported the lenses I am currently using.

*I am a couple of months away from purchasing two new (L) lens to replace the two I am currently using - I may even splurge and get the 7D :mrgreen:

Yet, I am interested in seeing how the extender may work with either of the lens I have mentioned above.

Thanks for the help!

Which L glass are you looking at getting?
The glass you have currently I agree with USA - firstly the canon TC won't fit either lens and you would have to go for a Kenkro Pro 1.4TC to get one that would fit. Then you are going to lose auto focus and one stop of light from the setup. Some 3rd party TCs won't report that they are on the camera so you might retain the AF, but it will be very slow, erratic and prone to hunting a lot even in good lighting. Suffice to say the limit on AF is there for good reason (on a 1D series camera body though you would keep the AF however).

It will not work with any of your lenses, which L's are you looking at because i think it will only work with 70-200 upwards

The thought is for me to purchase the Canon 7d.
With that I will also purchase the EF-200mm f/2.8 IS USM & the EF 16-35mm f/2.8 ll usm
*(or similar lenses if you guys talk me into it, eperience means more to me than does reviews alone)

BTW: Thanks all for the heads up, I was not sure if the 1.4 would or would not work with the camera/lens I have

Teleconverter won't fit the 16-35mm but it should work flawlessly with the 200mm f2.8. However if you want glass recomdendations what is the glass for? I guess the 16-35mm is looking at wide angle (have you cosiderered the 17-40mm L?) and landscape stuff

Most reactions

Back