Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by .::Gordon::., Apr 26, 2006.

1. .::Gordon::.

.::Gordon::. TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Been eyeing this lense as a replacement for the kit lense on my 20D. Read some reviews online and it seems like a very good lense for the money, plus it has a longer zoom than the kit lense. What are your thoughts? I just want something affordable and a better alternative to the kit lense I have now. Any thoughts on this particular model?

Thanks in advance.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here is a pretty technical review

That would be too long for me, as a replacement for the kit lens. (assuming your kit lens is the 18-55 EF-S). If you don't use the wide end of the kit, then this may be an OK choice for you.

3. .::Gordon::.

.::Gordon::. TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah, my kit lens is the 18-55 EF-S. i use the wide end pretty often, so the canon lens in question wouldn't be too ideal huh? budget is around $350 or so.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think the ideal 'everyday' lens for this camera would be the Canon 17-85mm f/4-5.6 EF-S IS USM It's fairly wide, a little longer than your kit lens and it has Image Stabilization. It's also said to be built better and have better optics than the 18-55. It's $500 US though.