Canon EF 35-350mm 3.5-5.6 L USM Lens

txshutterbug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.k2images.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone had experience with this L series lens? Would it be a good choice for shooting sports? Thanks for the feedback!

Looking at the f stops or maxium open aperatures of this lens I would venture say this lens is on the slow side and therefore would not help you with sports. You want something fast to stop the action. Something with a fixed 2.x would be your best bet!

The 70-200 F2.8 (with or without IS) would be a better sports lens.
Or maybe the 300mm F2.8 or the 400 F2.8...etc.

I use the Canon EF 35-350mm 3.5-5.6L and have done for a few years now. Despite now being old and weighty it still serves me well, and I love it as a lens. That said, and I'm in agreement with MPowerM3 and Big Mike, it really isn't fast enough for sports photography. I have had some good results with it at sporting events, but these have been at outdoors on sunny days.

I totally agree with Big Mike's advice regarding choices of lens, especially if you want to do sports photography. If money is a factor, you're going to pay good money for an f2.8 L series lens, and you want a zoom with more than a maximum 200mm focal length, then the 35-350mm lens will do, but you're going to limit yourself at sporting events.

David

Most reactions

Back