Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS Telephoto Zoom Lens f/4-5.6

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone tell me what they think of this lens? Circuit City by me is going out of business. It sells for $330 on Their website, but I think it was $200 in store. I don't remember. Is it worth getting? I know the f stop isn't AMAZING, but I can't afford $1000. What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance!

I like the lens, it's not the best out there, but for the money I like it. The focus ring is not crisp when shooting manual focus. Here is a shot with this lens at Bridavale falls in Yosemite.

IMG_0081.jpg

Here is a shot at the long end.

It's one of Canon's newest lenses. I don't know of anyone who has actually used one.

It's certainly not designed to be a 'pro' level lens...not with a price of $330...but it might be great for you.

If you can get it for $200....I'd jump on that. Even if you don't like it, you could probably sell it for that much.

I do not own this lens. But this lens rated pretty good in terms of image quality at this price range.

Whoa, I like the face the waterfall made on the left side of your pic when it is hitting the rocks Frozen.

EFs 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS is the best telezoom lens at its price point. A new one from authorized dealer is available at around $250/-. Here's a sample image I shot recently with this lens mounted on EOS 450D body:

4472684196_6d29e171ee.jpg

U need to get close and shoot in good light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back