Canon EFS?? Does Crop Exist???

Forget about the crop factor.

Put a lens on your camera...look into the view finder...that is what you get. That's all you need to know.

If that view is not wide enough...then you need a shorter focal length.

If 1.6 is the crop value, why have Canon introduced the S range

since for a smaller sensor you need to shine light on a smaller area ... this can be achieved with smaller and lighter and cheaper lenses ...

Isnt it true that the EFS range fits further into the camera body as to adjust the focal length of the LENS, as the camera will only see the image as a rectangle, not a circle, so all lenses / cameras crop will be defined as focal length, so if this lense will only fit digital then the crop does not count ???

Isnt it true that the EFS range fits further into the camera body as to adjust the focal length of the LENS
No. It fits further into the camera because it's making a smaller image circle. That has nothing to do with focal length.

I read about quality in your forum, and yes a wider f stop ( lower number ) is important, my question still stands, does an EFS 18mm come close to a 10mm EF, with obvious implications or usage ( bluring from behind ) where a higher ISO met with good lighting can achieve same results

Isnt it true that the EFS range fits further into the camera body as to adjust the focal length of the LENS, as the camera will only see the image as a rectangle, not a circle, so all lenses / cameras crop will be defined as focal length, so if this lense will only fit digital then the crop does not count ???

no, there is no such thing as "adjusting for focal length".

crop - defined by the sensor size

EF-s - smaller image circle -> only works for small sensor

start from scratch ... (btw, the rectangle has to fit in a circle ... the circle the lens projects the image on)

If you adjust the focal point of a lense by taking the focal point into the camera ( EFS ) then the image will be less cropped ??? True

i just lost my words ...

Most reactions

Back