canon elan

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im lookin to buy a canon elan 7, 7n, or 7e of ebay, but im not quite sure which one i want to buy or even if i want to buy one. anyone ever use it before?? some reviews on it would be nice.. thnx in advance

Not sure about the 7 or 7n but I know that the 7e focuses by shooting a low intensity laser into your eye to see which direction it is pointed and then it focuses on whatever is in that portion of your viewfinder. But any of the Elan series from a reliable seller should be a nice score regardless. They were/are great cameras.

I use an elan 7e. The eye focusing works when I dont wear my glasses, but with my glasses its inconsistent and I cant read the shutter speed without wearing glasses.

I love the camera, I got it in a trade for a broken EF mount sigma lens so I feel I got a great deal. It feels quite a bit cheaper than my 10D, but it still feels sturdy. If you shoot a canon DSLR in the XXD range, than this camera will be nice. the controls are similar as are the custom functions. When going from my 10D to my elan, the only difference is the wt and materials, and of course the much brighter view finder.

Any of them would be good, the 7n is still sold new i believe, im not sure the differences but newer should be better right?

thanks a lot ill probs be goin with the 7n

I just got an Elan 7e, and with the exception of the ECF which, because I wear glasses is really a wasted feature to me it's a great cammy.

Well, there won't be any photos from this camera. The film compartment door catch in the body BROKE OFF when I put the film into the camera, and closed the door.
frown.gif
tickedoff.gif

I emailed the guy I bought it from, but I figure I'm stuck with it now. Who would want a broken, useless camera back.
frown.gif

Oh well, chalk up another one to experence.
frown.gif

I guess it wasn't such a great camera! :(

UPDATE: I found a part on ebay for less than 13 smackers, and I can do the work myself!

Last edited:
The camera is now back from the land of dead cameras. It was easy to do the repair, and the company even sent instructions on how to complete the repair!

None what so ever. I have it switched off due to my glasses. I figure even if I did use it, it's such a low power beam that there is little chance of damage anyway. A Laser pointer would be more dangerous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back