Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just read that canon announced a new addition to their 1D line:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022208canoneos1dmarkiii.asp

It's got 10mp with 10fps shooting speed, which is a pretty impressive rate. They've also given it a 3" LCD. :drool:
I'm not quite sure where it's supposed to fit in with their lineup, though; perhaps as a replacement for then MkIIN? Or is it supposed to be its own thing? It's the same price as the N was when it came out, I think.

Discuss.
;-)

Just noticed it has optopn of live view, well thats gonna need a lot of batteries..

Also you can pick up a 5D for that money, and get full frame 13.3 megapixel ( I believe )

Does look a nice piece of kit though

Steve

I would be much more interested in the 1Ds Mark III ..that one will certainly be full frame :)

Pre-PMA 2007: Canon has today announced the latest generation of their EOS-1D series. The Mark III has a ten megapixel APS-H (1.3x FOV crop) CMOS sensor and can shoot at ten frames per second. It features the updated DIGIC III image processor, a new 19 area Auto Focus system, up to ISO 6400 and a 3.0" LCD monitor (with a live view feature). The Mark III should

Just read that canon announced a new addition to their 1D line:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022208canoneos1dmarkiii.asp

It's got 10mp with 10fps shooting speed, which is a pretty impressive rate. They've also given it a 3" LCD. :drool:
I'm not quite sure where it's supposed to fit in with their lineup, though; perhaps as a replacement for then MkIIN? Or is it supposed to be its own thing? It's the same price as the N was when it came out, I think.

Discuss.
;-)

its the replacement for the 1D mkIIn and I can't wait

Just noticed it has optopn of live view, well thats gonna need a lot of batteries..

Also you can pick up a 5D for that money, and get full frame 13.3 megapixel ( I believe )

Steve

not really the old 1D mkII takes the best part of 2500 shots on one battery, at least mine does, and the mkIII uses a new battery, very similliar to the Nikon D2X battery

I would be much more interested in the 1Ds Mark III ..that one will certainly be full frame :)

watch this space and YES its full frame

Sorry Alex B thought you were saying is as " it's ) as the 1D's, did not know there was another version to be released

Also you can pick up a 5D for that money
The 5D, while nice...is not a 1 series camera and is meant for a different purpose. The 5D is only 3 FPS and this new camera is a blazing 10...clearly meant for the professional sports shooter.

I love PMA season.

also ISO6400....i'm sure that would come in handy for sports.

Crazy. The thing I hate about the 1D's though is that there are practicly no buttons on it like the Nikon's. It just looks like there are too many things that either take 2 hands to operate or you have to go through the LCD. The rear's of the D200, and D2's have a huge amount of dediacated buttons and switches on them so you can avoid the LCD.

Crazy. The thing I hate about the 1D's though is that there are practicly no buttons on it like the Nikon's. It just looks like there are too many things that either take 2 hands to operate or you have to go through the LCD. The rear's of the D200, and D2's have a huge amount of dediacated buttons and switches on them so you can avoid the LCD.

that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. The 1D's are so easy to use even I have one :lol:

[post became obsolete due to my slow posting ;-P ]

Sorry Alex B thought you were saying is as " it's ) as the 1D's, did not know there was another version to be released

well, I do not know when there will be a 1Ds Mark III, but the 1Ds line will be continued just as the 1D line and hopefully the 5D line :)

Steve

Wow.. the fact that the 1d MarkIII is not much more than the 5d seems to make the 1d MIII a bargain. Better AF, 10 fps, weatherseal, better battery... itsa 1 series.. Sounds like a sports photographer's next dream machine. In a world were everything seems to inflate... its nice to see the 1d MIII pretty much cost the same as the current model. IIRC its still quite a bit cheaper than when the 1d MarkII first hit the market.

that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. The 1D's are so easy to use even I have one :lol:

I too find the 1d easy to use...... two buttons to operate means less of a chance to accidentally change something. Everything seems logically laid out.

Most reactions

Back